9.0 Freeze Strangeness

I upgraded a 64-bit machine to 9.0-RELEASE to play around (yes I know it's not official). I have a very strange issue where the machine will appear to freeze until I key a key on the keyboard. I don't have a GUI on this server and fairly minimal install. Any idea what would cause this? ACPI? Power management?

Thanks.

Identifying the machine might be helpful. Some servers have management stuff that could be a problem.

Sorry - it's just a desktop machine. Gigabye UD3P, 8GB memory. I've been running BSD 8.2 on this machine (and each version back) for a number of years so this is definitely a 9.0 issue.

I've tried ACPI on and off, no services running, etc. If I leave GRDC running on the console (or anything that refreshes the display) after a few minutes it stops updating the screen until I hit a key on the keyboard. Doesn't seem to matter what is happening on the machine at the time.

Update -

I believe I have narrowed this issue down to the sysctls:
Code:
dev.cpu.0.cx_lowest=C3
dev.cpu.1.cx_lowest=C3

I have had these set through the full 8.X versions and it makes a noticeable difference on power usage with powerd. I don't see any changes in 9.X that warn about these. Has anyone else run into this or confirm that it's not correct for 9.0?

Thanks

Back