8.2-RC2 and SiI3114

Hi,

I'm struggling with the combination of 8.2-RC2 and the infamous SiI3114 SATA controller.

I installed 8.2-RC2 as root on zfs on an Intel Atom D525 board on an hd connected to the on-board sata controller and it seems to run fine.

Once I plug in the 3114 the bootloader (or kernel?) seems to get stuck at the first \ in the upper left corner.

Any ideas on that?

Regards
Roddi

Is there any chance there's a firmware update available for your motherboard or the SiI3114 chip?

If I read your message right, the first stage of the boot process (boot1, I think) isn't completing its load.

I have checked the bios update for the SiI. It is current.

The mainboard seems to have an update, so I will try to do the update.

By the way: This combination runs fine with Ubuntu 9.10 (well, I have just tried the boot cd once and it seems to work)

roddi said:
I installed 8.2-RC2 as root on zfs on an Intel Atom D525 board on an hd connected to the on-board sata controller and it seems to run fine.

Once I plug in the 3114 the bootloader (or kernel?) seems to get stuck at the first \ in the upper left corner.

Have you moved your OS drive from the onboard controller to the PCI controller? I don't think that should 'break' the bootloader though it will more than likely leave the kernel wondering what to mount as / .

Ok, updating the main board bios did the trick.

For the record: I updated to MW0074P.BIO which is version 74.

Thanks for the hand holding
Roddi

Back