3ware SAS 9750-4i supported ?

Hello.
Whether prompt, please, controler SAS RAID 3ware SAS 9750-4i FreeBSD 7.3 in particular is supported?

Whether wanted to ask will see a kernel created in controller BIOS an array more precisely ?

rmir said:
Whether prompt, please, controler SAS RAID 3ware SAS 9750-4i FreeBSD 7.3 in particular is supported?
The 9750's use the tws driver, which isn't in the FreeBSD source tree yet. But you can download it from the 3Ware/LSI Logic web site.

The normal 3Ware management tools in the FreeBSD ports collection (3dm2 and tw_cli) should work just fine, though some features new to the 9750 may not be supported in the versions currently in the ports tree. Again, the 3Ware/LSI Logic web site has newer versions of those tools as well.

Thanks, clearly. I already start to think of Adaptec 2405, at us judging by messages at forums very good user support from representation in Russia that should please and like people not strongly would complain of problems.

ftp://tsupport:tsupport@ftp0.lsil.com/private/3Ware/doc/10.2_Release_Notes_Web.pdf

Release Highlights
This release includes the following:
• SATA+SAS 6Gb/s controllers
o 9750-4i
o 9750-8i
o 9750-4i4e New!
o 9750-8e New!
o 9750-16i4e New!
o 9750-24i4e New!

• Added external SAS enclosure support, for configurations of up to 127 drives
• Support for LSI’s new 620J and 630J SATA+SAS JBOD external enclosures
• Products available as a single controller, as well as in a kit with associated cables
• High port count controllers, for high-capacity direct attach applications
• Support for SATA and SAS hard drives larger than 2 TB
• Improved serviceability to upgrade storage enclosure processor (SEP) firmware
• Support for the latest FreeBSD and Linux distributions
• PC and Mac OS support now includes a common multi-session CD
• Updated firmware, software (3DM2 & CLI), and Windows drivers

Back