3D drivers (OpenGL) for BSD

Geri said:
and almost any new current graphics card used from 1-2 years ago are all supported by drivers on bsd, so my driver is useless there...

If that was true there'd be no point in using your "driver", would there?
In fact it's the opposite. Almost all cards that are more then 2 years old have drivers, while the new ones lack them.

Geri said:
Don't take it personal, but I'd rather donate money for Kostik to provide us with the requirements for the recent graphics drivers (and probably the ability to abuse VRAM for pageout storage) then to pay for a binary blob driver for me.

xibo said:
Don't take it personal, but I'd rather donate money for Kostik to provide us with the requirements for the recent graphics drivers (and probably the ability to abuse VRAM for pageout storage) then to pay for a binary blob driver for me.

I second that.

i accept your oppinions, but i use this source codes to help casual gamedevs to port they ogl based games to the d3d api. releasing the source code is impossible. if you found a different, competitive, better software, use that.

,,If that was true there'd be no point in using your "driver", would there?''
as i saw, peoples mostly using bsd-s on very old computers

Geri said:
i accept your oppinions, but i use this source codes to help casual gamedevs to port they ogl based games to the d3d api. releasing the source code is impossible. if you found a different, competitive, better software, use that.

Not really.

Geri said:

I'm not sure whether your joking or not, all being said and done what you have is a very clever product. But this is more principle related than anything else. All of my FreeBSD nodes are very very powerful machines likewise at my place of employment. With a lot of BSD users a binary blob is not going to sit well and where there is a need for heavy lifting OpenGL people tend to lean towards nvidia.

I wish you all the best with your project but I don't think your taget audience is correct.

yes, my target audience is not the bsd community.

i just made a port for bsd, in the hope that it may will be usefull for some peoples from bsd community, who has issues with 3d. and i also wanted to enhance my bsd programming skills. so porting this was a good, simply, quick project to do it, so first i checked if peoples are interested in it, and then i wrote it, and as a result, my software also gained one more platform, and more popularity.

suggestions are always welcome. but my projects does not driven by ideologies. so use it, if it helps.

Geri said:
and almost any new current graphics card used from 1-2 years ago are all supported by drivers on bsd, so my driver is useless there...
Yes but not supporting 3D acceleration.

Back