general/other 32 bit wine fails to run

I'm trying to run a 32-bit windows program with wine, but it fails with wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135.
Here's the whole log:
Code:
0024:fixme:ntdll:create_logical_proc_info stub
0024:fixme:ntdll:init_cpu_info Failed to get logical processor information, status 0xc0000002.
002c:fixme:ntdll:create_logical_proc_info stub
002c:fixme:ntdll:init_cpu_info Failed to get logical processor information, status 0xc0000002.
wine: failed to open L"C:\\windows\\system32\\wineboot.exe": c0000135
0024:err:environ:run_wineboot failed to start wineboot c0000135
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135
Running winecfg also fails with the same error, but wine64 winecfg works, so it's probably just the 32-bit version. I have installed wine with /usr/local/share/wine/pkg32.sh as well, but it doesn't seem to change anything. I tried setting up a 32-bit jail and it seemed to work but I couldn't configure X11 forwarding, and I was really out of my depth. I would like a solution to this without having to use jails, but if necessary, a guide would be nice.

I can verify that wine-devel works i386 and amd64

Code:
$ uname -r
14.0-STABLE

$ pkg info | grep wine
wine-devel-9.0.r1,1            Microsoft Windows compatibility environment
wine-mono-devel-8.1.0          Mono .NET implementation for Wine development branch

$ pkg  -o INSTALL_AS_USER=true  --rootdir /home/richd/.i386-wine-pkg info | grep wine
wine-devel-9.0.r1,1            Microsoft Windows compatibility environment
wine-gecko-devel-2.47.4        Gecko Layout Engine for Wine development branch (HTML support)
wine-mono-devel-8.1.0          Mono .NET implementation for Wine development branch

Well, for what I was using I needed a WINE version greater than 7, so I ended up making a 32-bit jail that I compiled wine from ports in, and now I seem to have 32-bit WINE8

I use Poudriere to create the packages for the wine-devel port. I created a FreeBSD 14 i386 stable jail. When I need to update the wine package. I edit the files in /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/. There is a switch with the parameter --> enabled
I turn the 64 bit Poudriere repo to enabled: no and the i386 Poudriere enabled: yes
Then I can run the --> /usr/local/share/wine/pkg32.sh

Back