2 external IP, one external NIC, pass to another server

Sorry for the odd title line.
I have a FreeBSD system set up and it is solid. I want to add another external IP to it and pass ALL traffic on that IP to a Windows server inside my LAN.

Right now I host Apache and DNS on my FreeBSD box. I use ipf and ipnat to allow internal clients out through this FreeBSD box, as it acts as a router. I want to add a second external IP through ifconfig alias, and then route ALL traffic inbound on that IP address to another machine.

I cannot get ipnat to do this. I am not sure how I would use ipf to do this, if possible.

I have RTFM a bit and googled some and cannot come up with a way to make this happen. I could be hard-headed and stupid, so if a few wacks from the clue bat are in order, please swing away.

Thanks!
Bob

With pf I can do something like this:

Code:
rdr pass on $ext_iface proto {tcp , udp} from any to $ext_ip -> $internal_ip

I know the syntax isn't the same on

Oops - hit the reply button too soon. What I was saying is that the syntax might not be the same in your case, but it should be similar.

Thanks for the ideas. I have been trying a few things and reading what I can find about this. It should work, however it is not. I will have to contact the ISP tomorrow and find out if in fact I have multiple static IPs as I assume I do on this device. They should be there, we are paying for them monthly. :(

It would not surprise me if there is a switch they must throw to fully allow the multiple IPs.

Again, thank you for the help, and I'll post back for others what I find out, it may be helpful to some other poor hapless goofball like myself.

Cheers
Bob

Back