13.2 on RPI 400

Was really excited.
Did a fresh clean install on my Raspberry Pi 400.
Installed X.Org, Openbox and Firefox.
Firefox core-dumped.
Every f*cking time.
Installed Raspberry Pi OS instead.
Sad.

Maybe just test software before releasing it?

RPI 400 hardware is always the same. No excuses like "many different hardware configurations".

Maybe just test software before releasing it?

Tell that the firefox/mozilla devs. They release broken code on a regular basis...

That's why I switched to ESR a long time ago; that branch is at least somewhat bearable with newly introduced bugs and misfeatures...

Blaming upstream is cheap given the fact that bloated projects need to be patched heavily to run on FreeBSD. Now that ARM is Tier-1 doesn't meant that all this is to be expected to be ported smoothly.

Folks, get used to write PR-reports if you want to get things fixed that you cannot fix yourself.

I don't bother debugging this.
But you bother to write this forum thread?
Given that the conclusion is that you installed another (non-FreeBSD OS) this literally makes no sense at all in my opinion.

It's okay to be disappointed or frustrated. But your post(s) here just seem like needles flaming as you clearly don't even want to participate in improving the situation. That is of course also very okay but then why bother to even start this forum thread?

Thank you for having wasted our lifetime for a selfish purpose.
C'mon. That is uncalled for.

Just wanted to share my experience with 13.2.

Crazy idea, i know.
Sharing experiences is generally appreciated and very welcomed by the community. What you posted just seems more like flaming/complaining while also rejecting any attempt by the community to help resolving the issue.
If it is not worth your time to help resolving the issue I'd argue that it's also not worth posting a post in the particular format (wording) you chose.

Didn't mean to flame. Maybe complaining a little, yes.

I work 40 hours a week, programming stuff. I don't need to do more of it in my spare time.

I debug my own code and the code of colleagues. That's it.

Truthfully I am surprised Firefox on aarch64 even builds.

Consider this. No video driver so you need to run SCFB.
So no video acceleration.
Firefox probably expects it.

Have you tried running Firefox in any of the diagnostic modes? Setting hardware video acceleration off?

Yeah, could work. Had a similar problem 2 years ago and disabling WebGL helped.

I also got a Firefox coredump after upgrading to 13.2-RELEASE on my RPi400. I then upgraded all the packages:

Bash:
pkg-static install -f pkg
pkg bootstrap -f
pkg update
pkg upgrade

It seemed to work after that. Well, it was awfully slow. I did a "Firefox refresh" which seemed to help for a short while. Eventually, I did "pkg install surf-browser" from which I'm writing this post.

13.2-STABLE, firefox 113.0,2

Turning off "Use hardware acceleration when available" doesn't help on crashes with or without webgl.disable turned true or false.
Testing canvas and webgl at https://www.wirple.com/bmark/ sometimes completes 4 tests and sometimes it crashes firefox or only tab.

What's the procedure of getting more info about core dump?
Is there a PR opened for this?

Thanks

firefox-esr crashes too, unfortunately. The one from latest packages doesn't even run but core-dumps immediately.

Back