Solved 12+ seconds to start Xorg

Please post the output of sysrc moused_{enable,flags} & sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask
Looks like error on the first command...

$ sysrc moused_{enable,flags}
sysrc: moused_{enable,flags}: name contains characters not allowed in shell

$ sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask
kern.evdev.rcpt_mask: 12

okay maybe you meant this...
$ sysrc -A |grep mous
mousechar_start: NO
moused_enable: NO
moused_flags:
moused_nondefault_enable: YES
moused_port: /dev/psm0
moused_type: auto

Just FYI, the xf86-video-intel driver is only for chips after i740 and before i915.

# supported by xf86-video-intel
my $intelpciid_oldintel = {
'7121' => 'i810',
'7123' => 'i810-DC100',
'7125' => 'i810E i810E2',
'1131' => 'i815 i815E i815G i815EG AGP mode',
'1132' => 'i815 i815E i815G i815EG GFX mode',
'2562' => 'i845G i845GL i845GV',
'3577' => 'i830M i830MG',
'2572' => 'i865G i865GV',
'3582' => 'i852GM i852GME i852GMV',
'358E' => 'i854',
'3582' => 'i855GM i855GME',
};

If I read your logs correctly, you are using the fb driver.

So I believe the correct driver is /boot/modules/i915kms.ko. (add to kldlist, kldload to onestart)
graphics/drm-kmod might also need to be installed.
Yes, I have included i915kms.ko.

A while back, I found instruction to build the i915kms module. I recall I went into /usr/ports/graphics/drm-fbsd12.0-kmod and build the i915kms module. It was a while back, cant recall how I did it exactly. My notes says that the new module was in /boot/modules/i915kms.ko, and I had to set kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"

Anyway, my graphics is working fine. Before I built the i915kms, I was having alot of graphics problems.

Ahh i see.
As far as I read, it is necessary to pkg install graphics/drm-kmod to make the i915kms.ko driver work with Xorg. But I currently don't have a working computer with Intel graphics, thus cannot test myself.

Furthermore, I read that with touchpads the recommended setting for kern.evdev.rcpt_mask is 6 and not 12.
What happens if you set it to 6?
Maybe try something like sysctl kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=6 and look whether Xorg starts faster with less errors??

sysctl -d kern.evdev.rcpt_mask
Code:
kern.evdev.rcpt_mask=Who is receiving events: bit0 - sysmouse, bit1 - kbdmux, bit2 - mouse hardware, bit3 - keyboard hardware
12 = 1*2^3 + 1*2^2 + 0*2^1 + 0*2^0 = binary( 1100 ) <=> bit3 + bit2 set, bit1 + bit0 not set.
pkg message xorg-server?

Not related to the issue: it is commonly accepted policy to keep loader.conf(5) as minimal as possible, and load only kernel modules that are needed to boot the BeaSD, and set only those sysctl(8) knobs that can't be set @runtime.

Standard disclaimer:
  • install the docs: pkg install {de,en}-freebsd-doc, replace de with your native tongue, and point your favorite browser to /usr/local/share/doc/freebsd.
  • You may want to add message: "query '[%C/%n] %M'", to the ALIAS section of /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf, then read through all pkg message|less and apply the requested settings.
  • Instead of less(1), you may find sysutils/most more user-friendly. Beginners will prefer edit(1) (ee(1)), editors/aee or editors/nano over the old-school, UNIX'ish vi(1) (wizzard's choice).
  • The utilities sysutils/psearch or sysutils/portfind will help you to find available software in the ports(7) tree.
  • Some nice small utilities are self-contained in the ports(7) tree (most under sysutils) and are not available as packages.
  • If you mix self-built ports(7) & packages, adjust both to use the same version (quarterly vs. latest): /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf & portsnap(8) is locked to latest & can not use the quarterly ports tree branch. Read the Handbook how to get the quarterly ports tree.
  • ports-mgmt/octopkg is a user-friendly graphical frontend to the pkg-ng package manager. It uses the Qt toolkit and runs on every GUI. AFAIK there is no Gtk-based counterpart.
  • Use sysrc(8) to safely edit system rc(8) files instead of editing rc.conf(5). It does some checks to prevent typos, and allows for advanced tricks like sudo sysrc moused_flags+=" -l 2" (note the space).

Only the OP can set the thread to "solved". On the very 1st post, click "..." -> "edit thread" -> "prefix: solved"

So I believe the correct driver is /boot/modules/i915kms.ko. (add to kldlist, kldload to onestart)
graphics/drm-kmod might also need to be installed.

Xorg driver do work together with the kernel driver.

The kernel driver is to load the graphics driver at all and the xorg drivers are to get an accelerated Xorg environment with the card that have been attched to /dev/dri by the kernel driver.

If you have a laptop (i.e. a touchpad), you may also want to run service moused enable & set the psm(4) to extended native data protocol like shown above: sysrc moused_flags+=" -l 2" and service (re)start moused; ommit the (re) if moused(8) is not running. This will allow you to set advanced touchpad properties (e.g. two-finger detection, edge- & circular scolling etc.pp.) with your DE's touchpad control GUI.

Back