12.4 is current , but no packages?

I'm curious why packages aren't available on pkg.freebsd.org for 12.4 when it's a current release? Granted it's a year old, but as long as it's current, I'd expect the package repository to be maintained.

Yes, I know I can build from ports. Yes, I know I should upgrade to 13.x, which I'm begrudgingly doing, but that's beside the point.

Situation.
system 12.4
It is not possible to update to version 13/14.
I accidentally deleted the mysql57-server port, how can I reinstall it?

Situation.
system 12.4
It is not possible to update to version 13/14.

Understood. Seems like the project must be desperately short of diskspace, not to keep the last packages repo for 12.x for even a week.

Recover your ports tree from
12.4-R*{disc1,dvd1}.iso or I expect *.memstick, mounted on /mnt from ports.txz (44M) in /mnt/usr/freebsd-dist/

Usually FreeBSD saves everything in pkg-cache /var/cache/pkg/ and distfiles cache /usr/ports/distfiles/.
If you used packages to install mysql first time then try to find cached package file and install it again.
If you used ports then use old ports directory to install it as mentioned by smithi.

A few days ago I have downloaded all packages from pkg.freebsd.org for 12.4 (i386 and amd64) because I have some legacy but have no time to upgrade it.
I can share it if someone need it and understand why it is not a good idea to run outdated software )
Total size of all packages is 100Gb for i386 and 115Gb for amd64.

Usually FreeBSD saves everything in pkg-cache /var/cache/pkg/ and distfiles cache /usr/ports/distfiles/.
If you used packages to install mysql first time then try to find cached package file and install it again.
If you used ports then use old ports directory to install it as mentioned by smithi.
I used ports from another server.

Reactions: im
Yes, I know I should upgrade to 13.x, which I'm begrudgingly doing, but that's beside the point.
It isn't, because your assumption that 12.4 was currently supported was wrong ...

To avoid such wrong assumptions in the future, have a look here: https://www.freebsd.org/security/#sup ... EOL dates never come by surprise, and each stable branch (the major version number) is always supported for at least 5 years, IMHO enough time to plan ahead.

Back