Solved 12.0-RELEASE-p6 vnet jail

This is how it looks inside a 12.0-RELEASE-p6 vnet jail on a 12.0-RELEASE-p6 host.
Code:
Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Netif Expire
default            192.168.94.1       UGS         lo0
127.0.0.1          link#1             UH          lo0
192.168.94.0/27    link#3             U      jailnetp
192.168.94.6       link#1             UHS         lo0
It does not need a comment, because a foreign address being on a loopback device and a GATEWAY is ALWAYS on loopback, which does not make any sense and it is also not possible to change it over ifp or else.
The interesting thing is that I can not reproduce it on another computer which is running: 12.0-RELEASE-p5 (but I do not believe that much, it is possibly compiled, no idea)
Code:
Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags     Netif Expire
default            192.168.24.1       UGS    agileast
127.0.0.1          link#1             UH          lo0
192.168.22.0/27    link#2             U      wakanast
192.168.22.5       link#2             UHS         lo0
192.168.24.0/27    link#3             U      agileast
192.168.24.5       link#3             UHS         lo0
This looks about right.

So! I have an update !!! IMPORTANT !!!

I have found what caused it. It has nothing to do with the versions, but with a kind of strange configuration.
Because I did not want to track what the name of the interface will be after starting a vnet, because you can not possibly know what epair gets assigned to it, without making special arrangements, maybe I should script that, but that is not the point, I tried to solve it using ifconfig_DEFAULT. Now this ifconfig_DEFAULT did not work like I expected it to from RaspberryPi, instead it assigned the IP Address also to LoopBack interface, so in that matter having this defaultroute on lo0 even made sense, since it has higher priority.

After assigning the right interface name, it worked like expected. I was not noticing it because I was not looking at ifconfig output, I was only looking at netstat -rn -f inet

Back