I'm one small hosting provider from Romania and today I've discovered one strange BUG on our client's machine.
It is running FreeBSD 13 32bits, clean install.
We can see on console lot of network connection drops and we have no idea why it happens.
I've tried to do some research but...
I have rented an OVH Game server with specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
64GB DDR4 ECC 2666MHz
2x SSD NVMe 500GB Enterprise Class Soft RAID
I've created a KVM VPS using Proxmox and and when I boot from CD-ROM FreeBSD 11.3 iso, I always get following error:
I am in the rescue mode on an OVH server, meaning the partition of my server is not mounted but it is supposed to be available to be mounted.
root@rescue:~# lsblk -f
NAME FSTYPE LABEL UUID MOUNTPOINT
I've successfully reinstalled my OVH VPS with FreeBSD, so I'm well into unsupported territory here. Before reinstalling I did verify IPv6 works as expected under Linux.
OVH's IPv6 configuration is a bit interesting. You can find the full instructions here, but the short version is:
I'm trying to set up a server with FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE on a VMware VM @ OVH (hosting company) but, when I try to ping, I get a "host name lookup failure".
It's very strange because I copied /etc/rc.conf and /etc/resolv.conf from the previous working installation with FreeBSD...