zfs Cannot find the pool label for ‘tank’ on boot

fwiw, booting 12 iso, mounting the pool, and trying to compile /usr/src/sys/modules/hptrr gets a compiler "error unknown argument: -fformat-extensions"

i ftped over the binary covacat sent and added it to /boot/loader.conf

the puppy booted!!!!! thanks covacat and all

if anybody follows the rabbit down this hole, the binary of hptrr.ko is ftpable from ftp://ftp.psg.com/pub/hptrr.ko

Did you chroot to mounted pool or did you use compiler from 12 iso image ? I tried to compile it on my 13 VM and it went ok. I'm assuming you ran make under that dir.

probably my error in the chroot or whatever. as i had the binary, i took that shortcut as opposed to debugging it. well, maybe not. on the booted 13

raid0.dfw.rg.net:/usr/src/sys/modules/hptrr# make Warning: Object directory not changed from original /usr/src/sys/modules/hptrr cc -O2 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror -D_KERNEL -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I. -I@ -I@/contrib/altq -fno-common -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -mno-aes -mno-avx -mcmodel=kernel -mno-red-zone -mno-mmx -mno-sse -msoft-float -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables -ffreestanding -fstack-protector -std=iso9899:1999 -Qunused-arguments -fstack-protector -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual -Wundef -Wno-pointer-sign -fformat-extensions -Wmissing-include-dirs -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wno-error-tautological-compare -Wno-error-empty-body -Wno-error-parentheses-equality -Wno-error-unused-function -c /usr/src/sys/modules/hptrr/../../dev/hptrr/hptrr_os_bsd.c cc: error: unknown argument: '-fformat-extensions' *** Error code 1

Back