possible grub/bios problem

I was using grub to boot my computer and couldn't get rid of grub. Now my laptop wont boot passed the Toshiba screen. I followed some commands and not sure if it was the BIOS. I get stuck on grub I don't know how i got there but I was trying to get rid of it.

I tried the hardware approach, I took out the battery, I took out the hard drive, i put them back together piece by piece and nothing got me booted passed the toshiba screen. Can someone please help me?
my computer - satellite c55d-b5102

I was using grub to boot my computer and couldn't get rid of grub. Now my laptop wont boot passed the Toshiba screen. I followed some commands and not sure if it was the BIOS. I get stuck on grub I don't know how i got there but I was trying to get rid of it.
Have you had a system where the initial installation has been Linux? And you have deleted the Linux content? Then the first section of Grub is in the MBR but cannot find the next section which has been in the Linux installation. The BIOS should have a screen where to select the boot source. Please check that. This should allow you to start from an USB stick or so.

like I said I cannot get into BIOS; it is just the toshiba screen wont let me get into bios
Have you tried tapping the F2 key repeatedly but steadily during the power on sequence? May I encourage you to keep trying until you find the rhythm? Be patient; don't tap too quickly, and keep trying repeatedly, while varying the short time intervals between key taps for each try. Start tapping at the same time you press the power button. Usually you won't have good luck with anything more rapid than, say, between 0.5 to 2 seconds between taps. Slow but steady wins the race. I found this link to an online copy of a C55d-b user manual which could hopefully be helpful:

When I power it up it seems to go straight for the toshiba screen.. and no keys work.. I will continue to try but it seems like i dont get a chance

My question is what does FreeBSD or any other OS (or boot loader) have to do with Bios

Edit:
If you can not boot to bios just contact with HP support and ask them about your bios issue.
FYI: Bios problems have nothing to do with OS and/or boot loader installation/modification.

Back