Solved Visual problem in the "Userland Programming and Scripting"

x.png

Perhaps it's a manifestation of what grahamperrin was asking in his question?
Or that noone has posted to it since it was marked solved?
Or it's a side effect of a Y2K bug?

The thread named "Occasionally Ugly Results from script(1)" isn't in "Forums>Development>Userland Programming and Scripting"

To the contrary it's actually in "Forums>Base System>General"

The little arrow icon just to the left of "Replies" says "Redirect" in a tooltip if you float your mouse pointer over it. I'm guessing it was originally posted under "General" and moved to "Userland Programming and Scripting" by a mod or admin.

By Golly. So it does. But that still doesn't give me the replies and so on. (I should add this is something I almost never look at, and doesn't really affect me, if a thread interests me, I click on it, which would show me the replies and so on, and I only noticed it after reading this thread.)

… I'm guessing it was originally posted under "General" and moved to "Userland Programming and Scripting" by a mod or admin.

True, then I reported the post for a move back to General because it's not about userland programming or scripting.

Now, I see what XenForo does (or can do) when a post is moved. A placeholder of sorts.

The following post was originally misplaced (under General, if I recall correctly):

– it was moved to Other Window Managers. There's no placeholder under General, which doesn't surprise me (the post never belonged there).

By Golly. So it does. But that still doesn't give me the replies and so on. (I should add this is something I almost never look at, and doesn't really affect me, if a thread interests me, I click on it, which would show me the replies and so on, and I only noticed it after reading this thread.)
I rarely ever look at the forums per se either, but rather, almost exclusively use the "New posts" listings and notifications to navigate through the forums.

True, then I reported the post for a move back to General because it's not about userland programming or scripting.

Now, I see what XenForo does (or can do) when a post is moved. A placeholder of sorts.

The following post was originally misplaced (under General, if I recall correctly):

– it was moved to Other Window Managers. There's no placeholder under General, which doesn't surprise me (the post never belonged there).
"Userland Programming and Scripting" rarely ever gets any posts nowadays. Perhaps they felt the forum was getting lonely, and could use a little more activity.

I'm quite content to leave such decisions to the discretion of our moderators and administrators here, and am grateful for their efforts. I was once an admin on an SMF forum for a couple of years. It was a lot of tedious work with no pay, and can be a pretty thankless job.

Back