Solved Shortwave just stops

Hello,

Is here anybody with experience with audio/shortwave? Just installed it from ports. In the beginning, everything looks good - I can search stations and play, but randomly after some time (from tens of seconds to several minutes) it just stops without any trace in the logs.

Is here anybody with experience with audio/shortwave? Just installed it from ports. In the beginning, everything looks good - I can search stations and play, but randomly after some time (from tens of seconds to several minutes) it just stops without any trace in the logs.
Tried on another FreeBSD machine - the issue is not the same, but similar. The application does not quit, but but stations get mute after some time. Looking at network traffic shows that the stream still comes in.

My question is still - is here anybody who has got it running properly?

I would try it out but the home page has a Gnome Code of Conduct so it would be sure to crash if I did.

I used to use tunapie. It's not in the ports tree, but says it should work on any UNIX-based system.

I would get a Firefox extension. Alice Cooper DJ'd the funniest show on one of the online radio BBC Channels, IIRC.

I would try it out but the home page has a Gnome Code of Conduct so it would be sure to crash if I did.
Upgraded x11-toolkits/libadwaita to the latest version libadwaita-0.0.20210812, rebuilt the shortwave and already thought that I can mark this thread solved, but ...
It is feels more but still creches. :(
Screenshot from 2021-08-24 20-44-32.png

Are you using FreeBSD 13 or 12.2?

I'm using 12.2. Unless you're using 13 I'll give it a try later. I've got some wallpapers to add to my Eclipse site and some writing to do first.

I do like internet radio and had never heard of ska or a lot of different style music until I started listening. There was another program you could get Intenet TV, too, and that was interesting.

I have 13.0. Custom build on 3 different machines. It behaves differently on these machines, but is not OK. Now it is more stable after latest library upgrade, but stops after some time.
Upgraded to the version shortwave-2.0.1_3 and it is playing now. Cool! 😎

From Freshports I can read that:
Code:
audio/shortwave: unbreak with libadwaita >= 2021-05-20 snapshot

$ shortwave
(de.haeckerfelix.Shortwave:1234): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: specified class size
for type 'SwSongRow' is smaller than the parent type's 'AdwActionRow' class size
(de.haeckerfelix.Shortwave:1234): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot add private
field to invalid (non-instantiatable) type '<invalid>'
thread 'main' panicked at 'assertion failed: type_.is_valid()',
src/ui/song_row.rs:49:5
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace

This one was probably a culprit...

Screenshot from 2021-09-02 18-57-09.png

Now that you've got it working you have got to check out Nights With Alice Cooper. PlanetRadio is probably your best bet.

He told a story about David Lee Roth working as an Emergency Medical Technician on an ambulance and responding to a call where Dave gave some wino mouth to mouth resuscitation in the gutter that was hilarious.

Before computers, I had a pirate radio station with about a 4 block radius from my Captains quarters. I won a 50 word essay contest on the Taipei, Tiawan shortwave station and they read my entry and name over the air.

I don't even get it installed:

Code:
# make install clean
===>  shortwave-2.0.1_10 crashes with libadwaita >= 1.0.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/audio/shortwave
#

I am using:

Code:
# uname -a
FreeBSD amd64.local 12.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 12.3-RELEASE r371126 GENERIC  amd64
#

Back