Manual or book about "Xterm" terminal emulator.

i am searching for a manual or book about the X Window terminal emulator "Xterm"
xterm(1)? Lots of things on FreeBSD (or UNIX in general) have so-called man pages. You access them through the man(1) command, I suggest reading man intro (intro(1)). In this case you can do man xterm. If you don't know the exact name you can try apropos(1) to search in the available man pages.

xterm seems to be a very mighty environment.
It's a terminal. The standard one that comes with Xorg. There are many more terminal applications you can use, some are a lot better than the standard xterm. I personally like x11/rxvt-unicode, other's are fine with Gnome-Terminal (from Gnome) or Konsole (on KDE). A terminal is, in essence, just a window that connects you to the OS.

Back in the old days this was done with actual physical terminals like the VT100 and VT220 because computers didn't have graphics cards back then, it was just a big box with some blinking lights and switches (PDP-11, Altair 8800, IMSAI 8080).

Jj
Hello ,
H am searching for a manual or book about the X Window terminal emulator "Xterm"
startx

pdf ?

SM
J
Nails ht tby hhhhhh h. H tj dyt♎n't have a kernel and run on top of the host's kernel.

Yes.
Code:
root@molly:~ # vm list
NAME            DATASTORE       LOADER      CPU    MEMORY    VNC                  AUTOSTART    STATE
pptimg01        default         uefi        1      512M      -                    No           Stopped
ppttst01        default         uefi        1      512M      0.0.0.0:5900         No           Locked (molly.dicelan.home)
sdgame01        default         grub        2      4096M     -                    No           Stopped
sdkerb01        default         uefi        1      512M      -                    No           Stopped
sdtest01        default         uefi        1      512M      -                    No           Stopped
wintermute      default         jy💷💷💷💷💷💷💳💷❓💷🚿💷🏆🥒🥒🥬🥩🥒🎖️🎖️bhyveload   4      2048M     -                    Yes [1]      Running (992)
root@molly:~ # jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path🏆💳💳💳💷💷🖥️💷🛁💷💻💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷💷
   152  192.168.10.202  j-ports.dicelan.home          /jails/j-ports

Back