Window position

I'm not sure when this change happened, probably with the last big update that I did on 12.1-RELEASE, Sept-Oct 2020 maybe.

Anyway, previously when I opened konsole via krunner, each new window would open in a different position. I see that System Settings -> Window Behaviour -> Advanced has a setting 'Window placement: Minimal Overlapping', which is what I want.

This seems to have been "improved" with konsole writing to its rc file and now each konsole opens in exactly the same place. Very annoying.

~/.config/konsolerc contains

[MainWindow]
DVI-I-1 Width 2560=752
DVI-I-1 XPosition=1765
DVI-I-1 YPosition=50

Does anyone know how to prevent konsole from saving its position and re-using the same one every time that it starts?

Does anyone know how to prevent konsole from saving its position and re-using the same one every time that it starts?
Open KDE system settings, then under Window Management -> Window Behaviour select the Advanced tab, uncheck option Allow KDE apps to remember the positions of their own windows.
It's indeed a rather annoying feature that was added in one of the recent KDE updates.

I don't have that option, just unshading / placement / special windows.
Screenshot_20201117_185748.png

For a couple days I was thinking the KDE update broke something, cause each time when I started to open konsole windows it would place the second window over the first one, although Minimal Overlapping had always been selected and working as intended. Then I noticed that new option that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before, and of course it was checked. Unchecking it returned window placement to the old behaviour. I can't say exactly when this happened, but 1-2 months ago sounds plausible. If you use latest packages/ports that is.

This is what I see.
Maybe you're missing some updates?
Code:
Operating System: FreeBSD 12.2
KDE Plasma Version: 5.20.3
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.75.0
Qt Version: 5.15.0
Kernel Version: 12.2-RELEASE
OS Type: 64-bit
Memory: 15,9 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa DRI Intel® HD Graphics 530

Back