Code quality of FreeBSD compared to OpenBSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i've stumbled across the source of this claim some time ago. If i remember correctly this goes back to some guy supposedly making this observation at a conference and who knows maybe he was even right about it.
Yes, indeed there’s a number of developers who bring MacBooks to conferences(*). Even though most of them probably still use FreeBSD on their desktop at home, that sighting at conferences has probably lead to that anecdotic claim mentioned earlier in this thread.

(*) Unfortunately, FreeBSD’s support for modern laptops / notebooks is somewhat lacking. The next best thing is probably a MacBook, since MacOS has a partial FreeBSD heritage “under the hood”.

Reactions: a6h
It's not a cult. It's a software project. Developers don't have to do stuffs! getting in line according to some unwritten manifesto. You can cook pizza, You needn't eat pizza.
And there's also Linus Kludge. I'm big fan of this kludge. According to the "Linus Kludge" (addressing Nvidia situation):
No driver => No device => (have to) use something else => show your middle finger.

Any thread about "BSD vs BSD" turns into a pointless circle.... I say close it.

We've had the "all FreeBSD devs use macs and only run FreeBSD in VMs" thing, so that should be indication enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back