Solved Synth cannot install Firefox

Greetings all,

I am trying to install Firefox: synth build www/firefox which requires fetching package spidermonkey60: 60.9.0_1.txz, but the download fails. However, the package exists, I was able to install it.

This is the first instance in using synth(1) where I had a failure.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Kindest regards,
M

Hi Sevendogsbsd,

thank you, please let me know. I am really stumped, because I was able to build other ports without any problems.
Kindest regards,
M

Hi Sevendogsbsd,

thank you for the report. I think that I have a bigger issue. I found another port math/py-pandas, which has the same problem, attempting to download packages allegedly needed, but failing, wherein the packages do exist.

Any ideas?

Kindest regards,

M

Hi unitrunker,

thank you for the reply. The error messages log was empty, hence my inquiry here. But I solved it by issuing pkg clean and then pkg clean -a, the former command asked whether I wanted to remove several packages related to [PMAN=]math/py-pandas[/PMAN]that, however, were not downloaded because the space to be gained showed 0, the later command asked whether I wanted to clean spidermonkey60: 60.9.0_1.txz from ccache(1).

Afterwords, I was able to synth upgrade-sytem, which before resulted in a message that everything is up to data, and I am currently compiling Firefox.

I am marking the issue as solved, although I have no idea what the problem was, the reason for issuing the commands above was my perhaps naive thought that the index packages was momehow corrupted, although I do not know why because as I mentioned, some ports were built before without problems.

Kindest regards,

M

Back