Solved I will not post it twice...

... so please read on here.

Have you read it? Okay, let the shit storm begin. ;-)

Why I am writing the last two sentences? They said that FreeBSD enthusiasts are proud and a bit stubborn. Just like Apple guys. ;-)

Don't get me wrong. I still appreciate all that energy that goes into this forum and into this great OS. But I also see that there's room for improvement. Speaking for me personally, I feel like being left out in the rain when it is about a system built according to the handbook's rules. I always hear a 'don't do that' when I talk about problems and they realize that I am a 'make world && make kernel' guy.

Just my 0.02 cents.

Apart from that, I appreciate your work. Keep on being good, and let's start getting better.

Cheers,
Olaf

So glad I am an installer guy 🤣. I am a long time Gentoo Linux user and I got sick of compiling everything. I just want it to work...which is why I set up ports-mgmt/poudriere on a separate build box to play with. Main box from which I type this, is pkgs only.

Let me get this straight: You found two bugs, and instead of fixing the bugs, you want a build system change?

I've got to say I think I've run make delete-old once on the production machine builder and only EVER after check-old and ONLY EVER after determining no other port/package/library does in fact need it. The handbook says it all:

I've never seen the need to use delete-old, UNLESS, something crashes in make buildworld.

But, everyone's different... (I also leave the capsicum stuff in also as we use it).

Let me get this straight: You found two bugs, and instead of fixing the bugs, you want a build system change?
Hmm, it does seem that way. I get people get angry because things fail, but the old adage of you get what you pay for applies.
He's also purposefully building a custom OS (make buildworld) then comparing it to Debian. That's nonsensical.
He's also comparing support of Debian v FreeBSD. It's already been stated that stable will receive the patch for libcasper.h stuff. How quick does he want it fixed? Maybe FreeBSD should do a release just for this?
My answer to his problems gives immediate success: remove the WITHOUT_CASPER=YES and make buildworld. It's not too hard, really.

Back