should I buy this one?

Is a thinkpad L450, with Intel 5500 HD video, Core i5 and 8 GB of ram, the price is accessible.
So, everything works? ACPI, accelerated video and in the future maybe use an adapter to use HDMI?

Hi,
I don’t know about that specific model but the older Thinkpads (especially ex business) are a great way to go. I’m using a Thinkpad x220 with FreeBSD and all the hardware seems to work out of the box (intel video, sound, headphones, WiFi in particular). The only thing that doesn’t work is suspend/hibernate but I understand from this forum that that is common to FreeBSD on all laptops.

Hi,
I don’t know about that specific model but the older Thinkpads (especially ex business) are a great way to go. I’m using a Thinkpad x220 with FreeBSD and all the hardware seems to work out of the box (intel video, sound, headphones, WiFi in particular). The only thing that doesn’t work is suspend/hibernate but I understand from this forum that that is common to FreeBSD on all laptops.

Yes, it is a sticky question for me.
I have the T400 and suspend/resume works but only if I start X (Intel video chipset).
And when wake-up I had to switch to text console and back to X, wait for a second and done.

Back