how to change snmp output

Hi all,
I want to change some snmp output. For example I found that SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 output is the output of uname -a command.
i have some questions:

1. What is software image and software versions output come from?
2. what is machine type output comes from?

For SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 I changed /usr/src/sys/conf/newvers.sh . Is there abetter way to do this?

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the manual. For sysDescr it saied override sysDescr.0 octet_str "my own sysDescr". How should I run this command?

Thanks for your reply.
I checked the manual. For sysDescr it saied override sysDescr.0 octet_str "my own sysDescr". How should I run this command?
This is not a command, but a configuration file change. I put sysDescr Blah, blah, blah in /usr/local/etc/snmpd.conf, told service where configuration file is (/etc/rc.conf.d/snmpd): snmpd_enable="YES", snmpd_conffile="/usr/local/etc/snmpd.conf", restarted the service: service snmpd restart, and now snmpwalk -v2c -cpublic 192.168.1.2 SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 outputs SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: Blah, blah, blah.

Thank you.

you solved my sysDescr output problem.

What a bout machine type, software image and software version. I want to show my string. for example for machine type, I want to show blah blah instead of freebsd. I cannot find the oids.

Thank you

What a bout machine type, software image and software version. I want to show my string. for example for machine type, I want to show blah blah instead of freebsd. I cannot find the oids.
And how do you read those properties (where did you get those names from)? Using which program/command-line?

Back