automount smbfs fails on access

Hello again, sorry but I have no other option that ask for help here. My FreeBSD was working fine with automount but now when I try to access a smbfs share it gives the next errors:

Code:
Jun 12 19:02:07 BSD111 automountd[1269]: "mount -t smbfs -o automounted //user@server61/text /mnt/text/", pid 1270, terminated with exit status 1
Jun 12 19:02:07 BSD111 automountd[1269]: mount failed
Jun 12 19:02:07 BSD111 kernel: WARNING: autofs_trigger_one: request for /mnt/text/ completed with error 5

It was working well, I mean I could access at first but do not know why it comes with this error now. I restarted also but keep saying the same.

I don't use automount myself but I just learned that it got updated today. You might want to consider an upgrade to rule out any possible software glitches.

Which brings me to an important question: you said it worked fine then stopped working. So... what changed in the mean time? Did you upgrade the FreeBSD server or... because these problems usually don't start on their own.

I don't use automount myself but I just learned that it got updated today. You might want to consider an upgrade to rule out any possible software glitches.

Which brings me to an important question: you said it worked fine then stopped working. So... what changed in the mean time? Did you upgrade the FreeBSD server or... because these problems usually don't start on their own.

Nop, I just restarted the server to see if all was working fine after reboot since it's a fresh install. I use it for backups with rsync and other stuffs, that's for I need to have it working and after restart it didn't worked again on smbfs. I will take alook at the update

Nop, I just restarted the server to see if all was working fine after reboot since it's a fresh install. I use it for backups with rsync and other stuffs, that's for I need to have it working and after restart it didn't worked again on smbfs. I will take alook at the update
If you need that share mounted all the time, it would be more reliable to have it set on /etc/fstab.

Hello, I can't use /etc/fstab since sometimes some others servers starts before mine when for example an electricity problem shows up, so in this way it hungs up at the start because the share is not ready.

Just for information, where is the CIFS/SMB share hosted? Is it on a Windows machine? Keep in mind that mount_smbfs(8) only supports SMBv1 and Microsoft has disabled SMBv1 quite some time ago due to serious bugs and malware actively exploiting those bugs.

I just tried with FreeBSD 11.1 and the last automount version and not working, the logs drops this:

Code:
Jun 13 20:00:48 BSD111 automountd[1082]: "mount -t smbfs -o automounted //user@server/text /mnt/text/", pid 1083, terminated with exit status 1
Jun 13 20:00:48 BSD111 automountd[1082]: mount failed
Jun 13 20:00:48 BSD111 kernel: WARNING: autofs_trigger_one: request for /mnt/text/ completed with error 5

You confused /usr/sbin/automount and /usr/sbin/automountd which are in FreeBSD base and 'my' automount from Ports which has nothing to do with the 'base' ones and is installed as /usr/local/sbin/automount file.

The thread creator has a problem with the FreeBSD base one, 'my' automount does not even mount NFS/SMBFS shares, only physical devices.

Code:
12:42 t420s vermaden ~ % which automount
/usr/sbin/automount

12:42 t420s vermaden ~ % which automountd
/usr/sbin/automountd

12:42 t420s vermaden ~ % pkg info -l automount | grep sbin   
/usr/local/sbin/automount

You confused /usr/sbin/automount and /usr/sbin/automountd which are in FreeBSD base and 'my' automount from Ports which has nothing to do with the 'base' ones and is installed as /usr/local/sbin/automount file.

The thread creator has a problem with the FreeBSD base one, 'my' automount does not even mount NFS/SMBFS shares, only physical devices.

Code:
12:42 t420s vermaden ~ % which automount
/usr/sbin/automount

12:42 t420s vermaden ~ % which automountd
/usr/sbin/automountd

12:42 t420s vermaden ~ % pkg info -l automount | grep sbin   
        /usr/local/sbin/automount
Oh. Ok, thanks a lot anyways

Back