Mysteries of Easter Island ...

Hi,

Mysteries of Easter Island ...

View from Satellite, this is interesting to see how much activities has got the island. There are many things on the island. It seems to me that this island was bombarded from the sky, so much holes,... view from satellite.
Maybe the island is even related to atlantis or first civilizations....

easterisland.png

Picture from : https://www.easterisland.travel/images/sites/rano-raraku/
rano-raraku-moai-statues-easter-island.jpg

I predict it was the dinosaurs. They made these rock formations to use as guides whilst making their costumes so that they could live among us.

As for the craters... well one was a meteorite? or volcano? (Rano Kau Crater Lake), the rest were... urm... because the dinosaurs wanted to puzzle us for future generations and take our mind off the fact that they live among us!

I predict it was the dinosaurs. They made these rock formations to use as guides whilst making their costumes so that they could live among us.

As for the craters... well one was a meteorite? or volcano? (Rano Kau Crater Lake), the rest were... urm... because the dinosaurs wanted to puzzle us for future generations and take our mind off the fact that they live among us!
meteorites could have carried things.

btw there is some symmetry visible looking at craters mostly at north of island.

btw there is some symmetry visible looking at craters mostly at north of island.
I guess some dinosaurs (in this case the architect) could potentially have a certain level of OCD ;)

meteorites could have carried things.
Certainly it could not carry death to all dinosaurs because They live among us!

Apparently the last species of plant, unique to that island is extinct in the wild (they say much of it was destroyed in the creation of the rock formations). I wonder why they don't reintroduce it again. That would be a somewhat satisfying feat :)

It is an interesting place though. I remember reading about it many years ago. For the record, I don't really believe the dinosaurs are still around. They were killed off by Zuckerberg and the rest of his lizard men!

Yeah, he sneezed. In the local tounge, 'Krakatoa' means 'The big flu'.

FreeBSD has pretty good support for older computers (well, as long as they are 64 bit, not i386, from a previous thread). One might hope that it had good support for those 1-bit stone computers that are common on Easter Island.

I can't make some remark about GUI problems when using the large stone computers, because I haven't had enough coffee yet.

FreeBSD has pretty good support for older computers (well, as long as they are 64 bit, not i386, from a previous thread). One might hope that it had good support for those 1-bit stone computers that are common on Easter Island.

I can't make some remark about GUI problems when using the large stone computers, because I haven't had enough coffee yet.

After this, it is probable that the egyptians had DesertBSD, which was much later improved and it gave Unix.

From a certain perspective, these monoliths are indistinguishable from a data center. Huge piles of silicon, with small impurities, in weird shapes, made by people you don't understand and for purposes you thumb your nose at.

From a certain perspective, these monoliths are indistinguishable from a data center. Huge piles of silicon, with small impurities, in weird shapes, made by people you don't understand and for purposes you thumb your nose at.

the secrets of PNP/NPN...

How about Godwana.
Does it seem plausible to everybody out there?
I have some serious doubts.
I don't. There is too much evidence for this. I suggest visiting a natural museum and, if you can, the Senkenberg museum I can recommend myself. I need to go to london for their natural history museum before they brexit.

I don't. There is too much evidence for this. I suggest visiting a natural museum and, if you can, the Senkenberg museum I can recommend myself. I need to go to london for their natural history museum before they brexit.

Godwana looks very possible. looking at lands, continents,...

What about africa and egypt, there is similar artifacts, which were found, such as black colored statues (before sumerians time, or earlier).

As I said, a good natural history museum should help here. As long as it does not contain exhibits of cowboys hunting dinosaurs, that is.

"Official" history was written and completely distorted about couple hundreds of years ago
(by jesuits and by some european "researchers"), so you'll never know, what really was in there.
"History is past politics and politics are present history" ©
1571 year map from National Library of France —

"Official" history was written and completely distorted about couple hundreds of years ago
(by jesuits and by some european "researchers"), so you'll never know, what really was in there.
"History is past politics and politics are present history" ©
1571 year map from National Library of France —

At that time, it was ruled by church / Catholicism, they controlled mind of people and population followed any kind of ideas (limits)? Conquering because they had the truth. (well,... we know that war then happened).

My thought is we have lost the recipe for Damascaus steel but we think we know what happened on the planet 500 million years ago.
Sure fossils show a record. I do believe continents move. I am a super-continent concept skeptic.
Note that Gondwana isn't considered to be a super-continent. And it's not the fossils that suggests this (there are very few fossils from that age, and zero from before that period), it's the actual rock formations themselves.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supercontinent

And the recipe for damaskus steel is not lost. All you need today is a tiny bit of the stuff. What went wrong was that the iron mine in india was exhausted where the ore came from. The metal workers of that time knew about carbon and silicon as additives, but not about Mo, which happened to be in that ore in quite the correct amount...

"And the recipe for damaskus steel is not lost." what is the recipe??

the damaskus steel is one with hard particles in it, this gave its strength, capable of cutting stones in a single chop. It could be compared to sort of super pearlitic structure today, with a harder lamellar structure. This cannot be longer produced, I believe. This is like high-strength, ultrafine-grain, swords of Japan (old time).

The skills of alloying with (expensive) Mo, forming hard carbides, finely dispersed within steel matrix, is not lost, but basically, highly used today for high performance steels.

Totally off-topic.

This Mo subject made me remember of some very rare valves with Molybdenum anode, like STC4242. :eek:

Back