Solved Unable to mount freenas pool

Hi people...
I have a problem. I need to reboot my server FreeNAS 11 and then, I have a situation, an error and dont´t mount a pool and do not up. How I can solve this??
20180130_105719.jpg
20180130_111437.jpg
20180130_105719.jpg

First of all: FreeNAS is not FreeBSD so you're probably much better off asking on their own forums instead.

Having said that, what does lsdev show you (use that command on the ok prompt). See the problem here? You don't have an ok> prompt yet that's what it is on FreeBSD when you exit the boot menu. So exit the boot menu and try lsdev.

Solely basing myself on the error it looks as if you got a hardware problem. So if there's a single HD in that pool then it might be time to check your backups. And use a rescue CD for now to diagnose the problem some more.

As ShelLuser said, FreeNAS questions don't belong here.
Your indeed have a hardware error, and it is at the very top of the first and screen image: the disk drive da0 failed, because it is "not ready" (meaning can't do IO), and the reason for that "medium not present". If the disk you are trying to boot from has removable media (like old Jaz drives, which were SCSI hard disks with removable media), then the answer is obvious, but that's unlikely. More likely the disk drive at da0 has simply failed, and is spitting out nonsense error codes.
Try figuring out which disk (in the nomenclature da0/da1/ada0/ada1/...) your system is supposed to be on. And get a FreeBSD rescue CD, boot it, and try to find out what happened to da0. Also check all the hardware connections (power and data cables), and reseat any controllers in PCI slots. Power-cycling should be obvious too.

First of all: FreeNAS is not FreeBSD so you're probably much better off asking on their own forums instead.

Having said that, what does lsdev show you (use that command on the ok prompt). See the problem here? You don't have an ok> prompt yet that's what it is on FreeBSD when you exit the boot menu. So exit the boot menu and try lsdev.

Solely basing myself on the error it looks as if you got a hardware problem. So if there's a single HD in that pool then it might be time to check your backups. And use a rescue CD for now to diagnose the problem some more.

I understand, but FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD, so I figured I might have more information with FreeBSD experts. So should I boot with FreeBSD and when I enter enter the lsdev command?

So should I boot with FreeBSD and when I enter enter the lsdev command?
It's what I'd do...

Grab a FreeBSD rescue CD (11.1 disc1 at the time of writing), boot into the bootmenu, escape it (ok> prompt) and then enter lsdev. This will list all available boot devices and the beauty of it is that it will also recognize ZFS pools. If that still mentions something then there's a chance the OS is still accessible. I wouldn't try to boot with it at this point, for safety reasons.

Go back into the boot menu and boot the CD or simply issue boot and fire it up. Start the live CD. Log on as root.

Now, there is a chance that the ZFS version on FreeNAS differs than the one on FreeBSD. This is one of the reasons why SirDice points your attention to that link: because of the changes in the OS it is definitely possible to cause more damage. For example: what would happen if the ZFS versions differ and by accessing it with FreeBSD you somehow change that, which could then cause issues for the FreeNAS environment?

Once booted first issue the zfs import command. This will load the required drivers and list the pools available to import. You'll either don't see anything (in which case you got a problem) or... who knows. I hope for zroot.

Then try: # zpool import -o readonly=on -fNR /mnt zroot

This will try to mount your pool readonly (no risk of causing further damage) and without mounting filesystems (to be extra careful). Be sure to replace zroot with something else if applicable. If this command actually works then try zfs list, this should list all your filesystems.

You can then proceed by making backups. Either by using # zfs send or mounting the filesystem and then using other means to restore your data, tar and ssh for example.

For reasons mentioned above I cannot provide further help beyond this point because of the differences in OS's. But I hope this can be useful.

Keep well in mind: when writing on these forums I always keep FreeBSD in mind. This works on FreeBSD so if it doesn't work for you then, well, you already know the reason :)

It's what I'd do...

Grab a FreeBSD rescue CD (11.1 disc1 at the time of writing), boot into the bootmenu, escape it (ok> prompt) and then enter lsdev. This will list all available boot devices and the beauty of it is that it will also recognize ZFS pools. If that still mentions something then there's a chance the OS is still accessible. I wouldn't try to boot with it at this point, for safety reasons.

Go back into the boot menu and boot the CD or simply issue boot and fire it up. Start the live CD. Log on as root.

Now, there is a chance that the ZFS version on FreeNAS differs than the one on FreeBSD. This is one of the reasons why SirDice points your attention to that link: because of the changes in the OS it is definitely possible to cause more damage. For example: what would happen if the ZFS versions differ and by accessing it with FreeBSD you somehow change that, which could then cause issues for the FreeNAS environment?

Once booted first issue the zfs import command. This will load the required drivers and list the pools available to import. You'll either don't see anything (in which case you got a problem) or... who knows. I hope for zroot.

Then try: # zpool import -o readonly=on -fNR /mnt zroot

This will try to mount your pool readonly (no risk of causing further damage) and without mounting filesystems (to be extra careful). Be sure to replace zroot with something else if applicable. If this command actually works then try zfs list, this should list all your filesystems.

You can then proceed by making backups. Either by using # zfs send or mounting the filesystem and then using other means to restore your data, tar and ssh for example.

For reasons mentioned above I cannot provide further help beyond this point because of the differences in OS's. But I hope this can be useful.

Keep well in mind: when writing on these forums I always keep FreeBSD in mind. This works on FreeBSD so if it doesn't work for you then, well, you already know the reason :)

Solved...thanks ShelLuser

Back