any bit torrent client in haskell? like transmission-qt5?

There are these two nice CLI interfaces for net-p2p/transmission-daemon, none of them are in the tree:

https://github.com/louipc/tremc
https://github.com/rndusr/stig

I am willing to port one of them since weeks but I can't decide which one.

Tremc is a fork of the now defunct transmission-remote-cli. Stig seem to have more features and to be more active, but have many more (python) dependencies... o_O

I guess I will have to setup some Linux VM and try the two to decide.

opened all of these and not 1 is in working order.
rho was closest and says 'problems'.....
guna stick to transmission-qt5 but would like to enjoy haskell if anyone finsihes evena simple gui one.
I dont need frills.
Oh, I thought you were looking for code to hack and play with. If you want something that works perfectly, then stick to Transmission. You can use the web interface as SirDice suggested, or if the command line doesn't bother you much, you don't need anything more than net-p2p/transmission-daemon itself. You can control the daemon entirely using transmission-remote.

Just adding some practical information of the Beastie one, you can ever handle magnet links with transmission-remote from the browser with minor tweaks.

I created this script and placed it in my $PATH: torrent-magnet.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/transmission-remote --add "$1"

Created ~/.local/share/applications/torrent-magnet.desktop:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=torrent-magnet
Exec=torrent-magnet.sh %U
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/magnet;
NoDisplay=true

And then: xdg-mime default torrent-magnet.desktop x-scheme-handler/magnet

Now www/firefox automatically add the magnet links to net-p2p/transmission-daemon when I click.

Just adding some practical information of the Beastie one, you can ever handle magnet links with transmission-remote from the browser with minor tweaks.

I created this script and placed it in my $PATH: torrent-magnet.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh

/usr/local/bin/transmission-remote --add "$1"

Created ~/.local/share/applications/torrent-magnet.desktop:
Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=torrent-magnet
Exec=torrent-magnet.sh %U
MimeType=x-scheme-handler/magnet;
NoDisplay=true

And then: xdg-mime default torrent-magnet.desktop x-scheme-handler/magnet

Now www/firefox automatically add the magnet links to net-p2p/transmission-daemon when I click.

I just open transmission-qt5 gui and live life.
No need for web interface.
Firefox lets me click link from thepiratebay.org and boom download starts...my only problem now is so many downloads.
:)

Back