Solved rsync: link_stat No such file or directory (2)

Hi guys! I tried looking everywhere for a solution, I even tried buying additional ram for my freebsd server. When I upload files from my Mac Laptop, I can upload just fine. But when I download the files from the server it returns
Code:
Vincents-MacBook-Pro:~ vincentsee$ rsync -avhPX root@10.0.0.201:/zroot/vincent/DS/"WLOP with 1 Free Content Every Month"/deathknight /Users/vincentsee/Desktop/
receiving incremental file list
rsync: link_stat "/zroot/vincent/DS/WLOP" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync: link_stat "/root/with" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync: link_stat "/root/1" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync: link_stat "/root/Free" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync: link_stat "/root/Content" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync: link_stat "/root/Every" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync: change_dir "/root//Month" failed: No such file or directory (2)

sent 8 bytes  received 539 bytes  364.67 bytes/sec
total size is 0  speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1721) [Receiver=3.1.2]
rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

It was working before, but now suddenly it stopped working, I thought I was out of ram, but now that doesn't seem the case.

Does anyone know what can I do to fix this issue?

Thank you!

root@10.0.0.201:/zroot/vincent/DS/"WLOP with 1 Free Content Every Month"/deathknight
You have a path with spaces but you aren't escaping them properly. You'll have to quote the path twice. The reason for that is that you can basically specify more than one file when rsyncing or scping i.e. rsync -a "root@10.0.0.201:foo bar" . will try to sync both foo and bar and not just the file foo bar.

Try with rsync -avhPX "root@10.0.0.201:'/zroot/vincent/DS/WLOP with 1 Free Content Every Month/deathknight'" /Users/vincentsee/Desktop/
or rsync -avhPX "root@10.0.0.201:/zroot/vincent/DS/\"WLOP with 1 Free Content Every Month\"/deathknight" /Users/vincentsee/Desktop/

You have a path with spaces but you aren't escaping them properly. You'll have to quote the path twice. The reason for that is that you can basically specify more than one file when rsyncing or scping i.e. rsync -a "root@10.0.0.201:foo bar" . will try to sync both foo and bar and not just the file foo bar.

Try with rsync -avhPX "root@10.0.0.201:'/zroot/vincent/DS/WLOP with 1 Free Content Every Month/deathknight'" /Users/vincentsee/Desktop/
or rsync -avhPX "root@10.0.0.201:/zroot/vincent/DS/\"WLOP with 1 Free Content Every Month\"/deathknight" /Users/vincentsee/Desktop/
Oh WOW! That worked the first try, I was thinking rsync has a bug these past few months, thank you! I learned something today! Awesome! ;)

Hi Can anyone help with is ,
i run this command , f\twice it worked fine, now it is now
"rsync -aWHAXxvPS $backup_dir.tar.gz -e "ssh -T -c arcfour -o Compression=no -x" $BACKUP_TARGET_USER@$BACKUP_TARGET_IP:$BACKUP_TARGET_DIRECTORY/$TODAY_DATE"

Getting below error
sending incremental file list
rsync: link_stat "/root/.tar.gz" failed: No such file or directory (2)

sent 12 bytes received 12 bytes 48.00 bytes/sec
total size is 0 speedup is 0.00
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1052) [sender=3.0.9]
-bash-4.2#

Your $backup_dir variable is not defined, i.e. it's empty.

Back