Music…

Jimi Hendrix - Pali Gap

A marriage of hi and low tech, FreeBSD is now a component of my vintage stereo system by running my Thinkpad X61 playing multimedia/xmms through my Pioneer SA-520 amp, Optimus 10 band Graphic Equalizer, Jensen Model 4 speakers and Koss PRO4AAT headphones.

Edit: Here's a shot of it. The X61 doesn't normally sit there, it's within arms reach of my recliner, and is just for the shot:

system02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gimme Dat Harp, Boy - Captain Beefheart And His Magic Band

(Ain't no fat mans toy.)

Jimi Hendrix - Pali Gap

A marriage of hi and low tech, FreeBSD is now a component of my vintage stereo system by running my Thinkpad X61 playing multimedia/xmms through my Pioneer SA-520 amp, Optimus 10 band Graphic Equalizer, Jensen Model 4 speakers and Koss PRO4AAT headphones.

Edit: Here's a shot of it. The X61 doesn't normally sit there, it's within arms reach of my recliner, and is just for the shot:

system02.jpg

:beer::beer: drink for that setup!

Dread Zeppelin - When the Levee Breaks

Dread Zeppelin - Going to California

Metal (all kinds), classic rock, rock in general...jazz, classical, blues, electronic (dance, trance, whatever it's called), country. If I had to be stuck on an island with only one band's music, would definitely be Pink Floyd :)

That was off-topic but popped into my head...

There's a man who said:
Music is the song of earth"
. This man also said:

Most people think great god will come from the skies, but if you know what life is worth, you will look for yours on earth

This man is:

But If I were able to travel backwards in time and were asked to pick out a concert where I would have liked to be present, that would definitely be:

All lies and jests, still a man hears want he wants to hear and disregards the rest...After changes upon changes we are more or less the same...

I also love:

But I believe as well all we need is a sparkle in order to ignite:

And a personal faith ( or, to better say, a Personal Jusus)

And when you have that you're ready to change the whole world:
Oh, what’ll you do now, my darling young one?
I’m a-goin’ back out ’fore the rain starts a-fallin’
I’ll walk to the depths of the deepest black forest
Where the people are many and their hands are all empty
Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters
Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison
Where the executioner’s face is always well hidden
Where hunger is ugly, where souls are forgotten
Where black is the color, where none is the number
And I’ll tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it
And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it

Back