<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.keyboard">
      <merge key="input.x11_options.XkbLayout" type="string">fr</merge>
    </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

I don't know that it's the cause, but I noticed that hald hasn't somes shared objects :

[CMD="ldd"]/usr/local/sbin/hald[/CMD] informs me that libgoject-2.0.so.0 or libglib-2.0.so.0 are not found for exemple.

Do you think that the missing SO are the problem or is my configuration?

Thanks for your attention.

emc said:
I have some difficulties to configuring Xorg;

What's the definition of "some"?

I don't know that it's the cause, but I noticed that hald hasn't somes shared objects :

[CMD=]ldd /usr/local/sbin/hald[/CMD] informs me that libgoject-2.0.so.0 or libglib-2.0.so.0 are not found for exemple.

I think your hald may not start at all as some shared objects are missing. You may want to check your installed packages for errors and want to reinstall sysutils/hal.

You should consider a friendship with pkgdb(1) and /usr/ports/Tools/scripts/consistency-check (ignore MD5 errors for symlinked files).

Do you think that the missing SO are the problem or is my configuration?

No idea what your problem might be other than a non-starting hald, but missing files are nearly always a problem (true for sure if .so files are missing).

Depending on your xorg.conf, X.Org needs to get in touch with hald, so a non-starting hald might be your show stopper.

Hello, sorry for my reply delay.

The problem was due to missing shared objects. I have re-installed them with my FreeBSD CD.

Thank you!

Back