Will the universe contract

In my social network are studied musicians, philosophers, and psysicists.
I learned certain topics are only to talk about if beer was consumed, and no professional is present.
You read about it, ask questions, and have your thoughts, but better say nothing.
Otherwise you risk to get looks.

You know it.
Sitting in a bar. The dudes next table blathering about computers.
And you need all your self-control not to turn around and ask them to stop producing bullshit.

But to bring some fun on the table I recommend an according episode of Futurama postulate a cyclic universe:
Futurama Fandom Wiki, S6E7, "The Late Philip J. Fry"

No one knows. As a person who is a Lic. (Licentiate) in theoretical physics and has a MS in nuclear physics I believe the universe is in a quantum state in multiverse.

But will there be a time when the universe contracts ? And returns to a singularity to form a new universe ?

No, that will never happen. This is brilliantly presented by Melodysheep (John D. Boswell) in his movie "Timelapse of the Future". But first, I recommend his "Timelapse of the Entire Universe" - in 10 minutes from Big Bang to the present:

Awarded "A Journey to the End of Time":

And finally, "A Journey to the End of the Universe" by my favorite scientist, Dr. David Kipping. Presentation ends with travel to very distant future using time dilation on a super-fast spacecraft. Enjoy!

Back