/var/log/samba4 permissions?

I am running a simple Samba server on my home NAS (on 13.1-RELEASE-p6) for sharing a small number of files among the few Windows clients in my network. Everything seems to work correctly, the clients can access the network share and read/write files as needed, but every time there are clients accessing the files on the server, the following error starts frequently popping up in /var/log/messages:

rpcd_classic[77821]: reopen_one_log: Unable to open new log file '/var/log/samba4/log.rpcd_classic': Permission denied

Theoretically this should be easy to resolve, just need to set the correct permissions, but I don't understand how the permissions are wrong. According to ps aux, all of the smbd processes and rpcbind are running as root. The directory /var/log/samba4 and everything within is owned by root with read and write permissions, and the filesystem has plenty of free disk space. The /var/log/samba4/log.rpcd_classic file that is already there is owned by root and is still having new entries added to the log file. I don't see any users relating to samba/rpcbind in /etc/passwd (other than the sambaUser I created for clients accessing the file share).

What are the correct permissions that I am supposed to have on /var/log/samba4? Or is this a samba configuration issue?

cat /usr/local/etc/smb4.conf:

Code:
[global]
workgroup          = WORKGROUP
netbios name       = smb
server string      = samba
security           = user
socket options     = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_KEEPIDLE=30 TCP_KEEPCNT=3 TCP_KEEPINTVL=3
max smbd processes = 3
encrypt passwords  = yes
aio read size      = 16384
aio write size     = 16384
force user         = sambaUser
force group        = sambaUser

# DISABLE PRINTING
load printers           = no
disable spoolss         = yes
show add printer wizard = no

[windowsData]
  path           = /srv/data/windows