TCP Socket Programming in FreeBSD

Hi, I am new to FreeBSD, recently installed and working on it. I am writing a perl script to communicate between FreeBSD and Linux system. When I am trying to initiate a TCP socket request from Linux, there is no response from the FreeBSD system.

Is there any architectural difference in SOCKETS?

Thank you,

No... a socket is a socket is a socket when it comes to TCP... that's the nice thing about standards...

Is your remote FreeBSD firewalled ?

Is your local Linux firewalled -- preventing outbound TCP connections ?

Can you "ping" the remote FreeBSD from your local Linux box ?

Does your socket script really work ? Can you use your socket script to connect to a listener on localhost ?

codeWarrior said:
No... a socket is a socket is a socket when it comes to TCP... that's the nice thing about standards...

Or at least a socket is a socket once you call WSAStartup(...) on Windows too :)

I don't know how to check the firewall in BSD, on other hand I am able to ping and do SSH to BSD system from Linux PC. By the way I am using I able to bind sockets from the same Linux box to Windows as well.

codeWarrior said:

Is your remote FreeBSD firewalled ?

Is your local Linux firewalled -- preventing outbound TCP connections ?

Can you "ping" the remote FreeBSD from your local Linux box ?

Does your socket script really work ? Can you use your socket script to connect to a listener on localhost ?

HI,
Thankyou I think the problem is solved...It is because of "Firewall", Thankyou sooo much

Back