STILL U.S. keyboard not working on this forum

What does "not working" mean? Does it mean that the keyboard works perfectly, except in one specific web browser, and then on one specific web site (this forum)? That seems massively implausible. How have you tested the keyboard? Does it work at the console? In xterm? Does it completely fail when trying to post in this forum, or is it missing certain keys, or are keys mis-assigned?

And what does "another distro" mean? FreeBSD is not a distro. What operating environments does the keyboard work in, and how does it fail in others?

Sorry to say it, but your post is both completely lacking in actionable information, and if taken literally seems highly unlikely.

I've got a Logitech Model Y-UY95 I just pulled out of the box, plugged it into this Thinkpad W520 for the first time, the backlit keys lit up as soon as I plugged it into the USB port and am typing on it now.

Now I'm back on my Thinkpad keyboard. I choose the default US keyboard layout during the build process and that's all there is to it for me.

Logitech K120 (US) on FreeBSD 12.2 not working on THIS forum.
Used another distro to post this.
Still same problem,I got setxkbmap & in my .xinitrc and keyboard="us" in my rc.conf, the keyboard is missing strokes, so far I use nano as editor and paste in the forum. Tried de Devuan forum and the keyboard works fine.

the keyboard is missing strokes, so far I use nano as editor and paste in the forum.
Do you mean that your keyboard works well outside X (in nano/terminal, for instance), but not in X applications? If so, could you please run setxkbmap -query -verbose 10 in both situations? We should see a difference in its output then.

bobo@foo:~ $ setxkbmap -query -verbose 10
Setting verbose level to 10
locale is C
Trying to load rules file ./rules/evdev...
Trying to load rules file /usr/local/share/X11/xkb/rules/evdev...
Success.
Applied rules from evdev:
rules: evdev
model: pc105
layout: us
options: terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes: evdev+aliases(qwerty)
types: complete
compat: complete
symbols: pc+us+inet(evdev)+terminate(ctrl_alt_bksp)
geometry: pc(pc105)
rules: evdev
model: pc105
layout: us
options: terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp
bobo@foo:~ $

I got the feeling is the forum software. Tried 2 other forums using FreeBSD and had no problems writing on them.

I have keymap in the rc.conf my bad!

bobo@foo:~ $ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

Just found your thread from 2015 and you said you have a spanish keyboard? Do you still use it?

I have keymap in the rc.conf my bad!

bobo@foo:~ $ locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
len@mate:~ $ locale
LANG=C.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="C.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="C.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="C.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="C.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="C.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="C.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

I accept whatever the default keymap assignments are, when running the FreeBSD installer, and do not touch them again thereafter.

setxkbmap -query -verbose 10
The output shows a pc105 model, US layout ruled by evdev (BTW, you can find the specs for these settings under /usr/local/share/X11/xkb). It's exactly the same thing I'm using here. Now you wrote that this works well in Nano, but not for this forum. Which keys are missing then?
I sometimes switch to layout US, variant Intl by using setxkbmap -layout us -variant intl in a terminal when I have to do with French or German (ümläüt, ća và, that stuff). Pressing quote/double quote/tilde/etc will alter the next key. Is that what is missing? You can undo that change with setxkbmap -layout us.

The keys missing are ghjkl, plus it yanks me back to another page of the forum, the original one. Thanks Tieks! Still pasting this from leafpad.

Tieks, yes they work fine elsewhere, not in this forum. I'm using Firefox-esr, the keyboard keys work fine in google and other sites.

they work fine elsewhere, not in this forum.
Same keyboard, same settings and same Firefox-esr (v78.13) here, but I can not reproduce this problem. You don´t have something activated in Firefox' Web developer tools? If your keyboard works correct with other websites in FF, it may be an issue with the forum software (xenforo). You might want to try their site https://xenforo.com/community/, see if you have the problem there too.

So your keys g, h, j, k and l work, except when using Firefox-esr to post something in Xenforo. I'm out of ideas, do we have a Xenforo expert around?

Does the site continue to cause trouble if you use www/firefox instead of www/firefox-esr?

If there are still problems whether you use firefox-esr or firefox, try restarting the browser in Troubleshoot Mode.

If there is not a problem in Troubleshoot Mode, one or more of your addons/extensions is likely interfering. You'll want to try disabling your addons and checking which ones cause trouble.

If you have tried all of that and there is still a problem, I'm out of ideas…

Does Kaspersky install its own mouse or keyboard drivers or change mouse/keyboard registry settings anymore? I read there were some issues regarding this in the past. And why would the software have to do any such thing? Excuse my ignorance but I’m a noob at antivirus. considering switching from Norton to Kaspersky. thank you

There is no such snakeoil available on FreeBSD, also there is no registry on FreeBSD (or *any* proper operating system...). This is not a windows support forum...

Back