Still have wifi issues

Hi,
I've been struggling hard to figure out what's going on in here despite I was able to make it much more stable but it still happen.
I made more stable by changing the extender SSID, in my original configuration it was configured to have the same SSID as the router.
After adding a _EXT suffix it got much more stable but the problem still happen some times.
The problem is that there's a network problem and for some reason packages begin to get dropped.
Here's the network diagram
Laptop <---- strong -----> Extender (SSID-5G_EXT channel 54) <----- strong ------> Router (SSID-5G channel 54)
^------------------------------------ very weak ------------------------------------------^
(extender gets the same channel as the router)

In the laptop I can see both SSID's the strongest is the SSID-5G_EXT one and this is where I connect.
The problem is I can see it's connected to the correct SSID, got an IP and etc and have 80% packet loss in ping 192.168.1.1 (router gateway)
The firt 8 to 10 ping requests are millisecs fast but suddenly it start to get packet loss and very slow latency.
During this moment the command:
# sudo arp -a
isn't able to resolve any names
it shows something like
? (192.168.1.1) ..... for the gateway
? (192.168.1.92) .... for my laptop address

So I decided to try something else and did a mobile hotspot and connected to it's wifi SSID.
It worked without any problem at all.

Went back to SSID-5G_EXT network and the problem is back again.

So I did a:
# sudo service netif restart
but the problem persists, strong wifi signal to SSID-5G_EXT but no network.

While trying to make it work I did several
# sudo service netif restart
and as sudden the network recovered.
It took some time, from 30 seconds to 1 minute to get IP address etc, but it recovered.

The arp command now returns
dsldevice.lan (192.168.1.1) ... for the gateway
beethoven.lan (192.168.1.92) ... for my laptop address

So what's going on in here?
This really sound like network configuration cache issues or something.
Do anyone have issues like this?
Anyone using a wifi extender too?

Back