perfectly good server , worked for almost a year and then crashed . cannot boot any kind of freebsd iso ....

sr550 from lenovo , with 12 sata disks mrsas driver and two ssd in zroot . worked perfectly as zfs sync server and crashed , when i try to boot the server with freebsd media - this is what i see .
proxmox , ubuntu , vmware etc ... all boot well . in proxmox i even can mount my zfs volume and use it .
any clue ?

CleanShot 2024-02-07 at 22.41.55@2x.png

Does this happens only with FreeBSD or other OSes also?

It's good do check your RAM first, just in case.

I had issues like this before and it was RAM, I just replaced and everything went back to normal.

thiank you guys ,
i will do memtest indeed , the strage thing is that every other os boots and install normally , proxmox , vmware esxi 7.0 ubuntu ..... just freebsd wont boot ....

Seems like it could be a kernel bug. Possibly related to mpr driver. Or mpr and mrsas "fighting" over the hardware.
Maybe try to boot a different FreeBSD version.

hi , tried 13.2
Seems like it could be a kernel bug. Possibly related to mpr driver. Or mpr and mrsas "fighting" over the hardware.
Maybe try to boot a different FreeBSD version.
tried 13.2 13.3 beta and 14.0 without any change ...

in sake of completness ....
the extarnal SAS adapter made the problem . after i upgraded the BMC and disabled it , the server came up again and now is funcional ..
thanks to all that supported me in the process .
cxase closed .

glzr

Back