No full shutdown in FreeBSD 9.0-RC1

Hi,

When i try to:
Code:
# shutdown -p now

the screen goes blank, yet the backlight stays on and the HD does not spin down. I let it idle for 30 minutes and it did nothing at this point.

I've tried shutdown with Linux and Windows the result is those 2 OS'es shutdown my system completely

well... Too odd. What if try another shutdown command, for instance, # init 0
I issue this every day without any quirk.:p

alie said:
It used to work, now it doesn't... after upgrading to FreeBSD 8.2 or FreeBSD 9.0-RC1
A regression you may want to report...

As a temporary solution, have you tried booting with ACPI off? I believe the system should fall back to using a legacy system such as APM that may hopefully work better.

Beastie said:
A regression you may want to report...

As a temporary solution, have you tried booting with ACPI off? I believe the system should fall back to using a legacy system such as APM that may hopefully work better.

I've tried with ACPI off but still got same issue.

alie said:
Haven't fixed yet. Now waiting for RC2 since i have no clue to fix this issue :(
So I take it you haven't reported it yet? No waiting for RC2 or RELEASE or FreeBSD 100 will ever fix it if no one else (especially the developers) is aware of the problem and you don't report it.

Beastie said:
So I take it you haven't reported it yet? No waiting for RC2 or RELEASE or FreeBSD 100 will ever fix it if no one else (especially the developers) is aware of the problem and you don't report it.

I already reported the issue, hope they can fix it before RC2 or RELEASE

Back