Nepomuk

This is the most important part of KDE4 from my POV, because I don't really care much for resource-hungry eye-candies and I'm feeling pretty well with simple WMs like awesome or XFCE.

So, is there anyone with fully operational Nepomuk and do they care to share how to make it work?

Installing KDE4 from ports I did:

Code:
cd /usr/ports/x11/kde4
make config-recursive
portmanager x11/kde

I've accepted the default flags everywhere while enabling "MMX, SSE & Co" support for my Intel Q6600, disabling IPv6 support and enabling compiler optimizations where offered.

The result is I have a working KDE with nvidia-driver and I can assign tags to files and directories via Dolphin, but then I can't search by those tags. Is there anything special one has to do to enable this functionality?

It never occurred to me to search the KDE forums, since a friend of mine who uses Slackware Linux says that Nepomuk tags work for him. So, I thought it was FreeBSD specific problem.

With my KDE4.3.1 setup, nepomuk is not usable with dolphin, thats why I turn it off in SystemSettings.

Well, I turned off the entire KDE. :)
It's of no use to me w/o these features working. I'm interested in the semantic desktop functionality, not in eye candy. If I wanted beauty and lack of functionality at the expense of tons of resources, there's MS Windows XP/Vista/7 etc. :)

Back