Named vulnerability on RELENG_7_0

Hello.

One of my server use FreeBSD 7.0. I can't upgrade the system, impossible.
Is any solution to have the lastest Named (in FreeBSD system) in 7.0 ?

Thanks.

Since 7.0 isn't supported anymore you are pretty much on your own.

You could however try to apply the patch on 7.0. This may need quite a bit of tinkering though.

And what do you think about bind9 port? Is there differences between bind port and bind system?

The ports will work just fine. Just choose to replace the base system BIND in make config. Always reinstall the port after an OS upgrade.

You will have to make sure your ports tree is up2date. Otherwise you would still be installing an old (and perhaps vulnerable) bind version.

Yes, because chrooting of BIND takes place in /etc/defaults/rc.conf, and the port versions of BIND will use the same variables. It's a drop-in replacement.

Does we have to compile bind port with SIGCHASE (dig/host/nslookup will do DNSSEC validation) option?
I would like to have the same options than the Bind included in FreeBSD 7.0 system.

Thanks!

You can use (or not use) any option you like. Just turn things on or off in [cmd=]make config[/cmd].

I know I can use any option I like :)
My question was : to have the same Bind than FreeBSD system, have I to enable SIGCHASE option?

I have no idea. The fact that all ports versions have it defaulted to off makes me think it isn't on in the base version either.

Back