Multiple copies of Squirrelmail

A while back I installed a copy of SquirrelMail and it works just fine......

What I was wondering is, how do I install a second copy for another domain? I tried using the same copy but it shows the first domain names title and I would prefer to avoid that if at all possible.

Suggestions?

Is there another package I should use?

I have dovecot installed as well.

What do you mean "it shows the first domain names title"? Where? As far as I know, Squirrelmail doesn't care from which domain it's called, it will just accept a username and password and check against the local IMAP server. Just use a different VirtualHost in Apache and point it to the same Squirrelmail docroot, and you'll see a different URL in the address bar.

I guess what I was referring to was the organization name, I just took it out so that it is blank....I think that sort of solves my problem......

Although does it not use a default return address?

I just ran a test and it defaulted to a default domain name......which I really do not want happening....

This has nothing to do with Squirrelmail. If you don't set your email address under Options, Squirrelmail will simply create an address using the following data: 'login @ domain name from host'.

So if you have Squirrelmail running on the physical host 'server.fakedomain.com', with two webmail domains under Apache called 'webmail.fakedomain.org' and 'webmail.fakedomain.net', and user 'john' logs in on either without setting any email address options in Squirrelmail, his email will, by default, go out as 'john@fakedomain.com'. It's the default domain of the mail server, and nothing overrides it when there are no settings in Squirrelmail. Moreover, even if john does set a full email address, using one or the other webmail domain will not change it (because it's the same Squirrelmail configuration).

Back