LXDE Refresh and Trash Issues

I'm having a few issues with a newly installed LXDE desktop:
  1. PCManFM does not refresh. When making any changes to the filesystem, such as deleting or adding files, PCManFM does not reflect these changes. I have to manually refresh (Ctrl+R/F5). I have noticed this issue on other systems as well, but it didn't always occur. On FreeBSD I have to manually refresh every time.
  2. PCManFM does not show trash contents. Clicking on the "Trash Can" icon in the left panel displays an empty directory. To view trash contents I have to go to ~/.local/share/Trash/files. Emptying trash does not delete files. My guess is that there is a setting somewhere in my home directory that is pointing to the wrong target.
  3. Menu does not refresh. When installing new applications/software I must log out and back in to for them to show up in the main menu.
  4. Cannot control system changes with GUI tools. For example Sound Preferences in the GNOME Control Center does not report any sound hardware detected (even though sound is working fine). Also I cannot use Network Settings to configure the network. Clicking the "Unlock" button does nothing. Some utilities DO work however. lxappearance is able to change local cursors, icons, etc.

Back