Looking for video streaming server software

Hi,

I am looking for a video streaming server for FreeBSD. Live broadcast is not necessary. Unfortunately OBS only supports live broadcasts.

The best would be a kind of Youtube clone, because I would like to generate embed codes and use them on other sites, where the videos can be played via embed code.

Emby Server is unfortunately not able to stream without login and does not support embed codes.

Does anyone have a tip?

Thanks and kind regards
Sidney2017

I play audio & video files on my dvd-player using,

I think ffmpeg & vlc can also stream.

To stream audio there is,

For small videos (perhaps a minute or 5): Just store them as a mp4 file, serve them with an HTTP server (for example Apache), and use the native video embedding in HTML5 as a player. Not a great user interface, but works with near zero effort.

and I am looking for a solution that is accessible outside a LAN on a FreeBSD server and can stream video. :)

Best regards
Sidney2017

There are 3-suites I found but i don't know how they work or what they can do,

plex, some features payable via plexpass.

I tested them once and the bind to all internet interfaces, so a "secure-setup" is not easy.

The ports hint on this tutorial is good. Need to use ports for nginx and add RTMP support option.
But it is using OBS instead of ffmpeg.
So you will need to mix the instructions for video file serving.

The ffmpeg script contents above is going to be a good example to work from:
ffmpeg -re -I bbb_sunflower_1080p_60fps_normal.mp4 -vcodec copy -loop -1 -c:a aac -b:a 160k -ar 44100 -strict -2 -f flv rtmp:192.168.1.138/live/bbb
Look at the ffmpeg manual and decipher this. From there customize for your content and delivery.

Back