Kudos Contributors!

Hi,

This post is dedicated to those who have rewritten the all Jail section from the Handbook: CONGRATULATIONS & THANK YOU!

I usually read an offline PDF version of the Handbook, time has passed and I realized this was a 2022 version.
So early in a day I check the online version and wow!!
what a surprise when I've seen those new paragraphs with updated information!
The all ezjail references have been replaced by classic jail commands which makes more sense.
ZFS is mentioned and shown in action without forgetting UFS.
Explanations are cleaner and concise with an example like a good man page does and make it understandable by everybody.
Personally I like the fact that it is straight to the point.
So now with this shiny section we don't have to rely only on books, blog posts or jail manager to learn how to play with jail in FreeBSD, read the Handbook because there is no excuses anymore :)

Of course every change come with things you could miss, in my case it's the tool sysutil/cpdup that I've discovered in the "old" version but isn't mention anymore because I suppose simplicity was the main idea when rewriting this entire section so they deliberately choose to focus on that and skip the rest, honestly I think it was the right choice, the result is way better than before.

FreeBSD has finally in its Handbook the "Jail section" it deserves, thank you contributors and helpers you are the best!

Back