IPF IPF Top Destination IP Question

Probably a good idea now to suggest a couple of ports. First, security/fwbuilder. fwbuilder is a GUI interface to create and maintain firewall rules. It works with ipfilter, ipfw, pf, iptables, and Cisco IOS.

The second tool called ipfmeta (in security/ipfmeta) is a macro language. This allows one to create macros such as ports, IP addresses, and other ipfilter command arguments (objects) to apply the same rules in a rules file generating a groups of rules for similar objects like IP addresses and ports.

I used to use fwbuilder on my laptop and ipfmeta on my other firewalls but have since switched to using ipfmeta everywhere because fwbuilder does not support IPv6. But for those who have an IPv4-only environment fwbuilder is an ideal tool. The original fwbuilder development was abandoned when its author (Vadim Kurland) got a job at a firewall vendor (Net Citadel). Development was resumed by someone on github. This is the port's upstream.

People can still get fwbuilder Windows binaries from the fwbuilder. sourceforge.net site if you wish to manage your ipfilter, pf, ipfw, iptables and Cisco firewalls from Windows. (Not my choice but hey, each to their own.)

I used to use fwbuilder on my laptop and ipfmeta on my other firewalls but have since switched to using ipfmeta everywhere because fwbuilder does not support IPv6. But for those who have an IPv4-only environment fwbuilder is an ideal tool. The original fwbuilder development was abandoned when its author (Vadim Kurland) got a job at a firewall vendor (Net Citadel). Development was resumed by someone on github. This is the port's upstream.
It gets even more involved. NetCitadel was purchased by Proofpoint in 2014, the same company that purchased sendmail.com. Seems Vadim Kurland went on to found two other companies in the Bay Area.

Back