IPerf Installation Error

Hi,

I am having problems installing IPerf on FreeBSD terminals. I have used the following commands:

Code:
#cd /usr/ports/benchmarks/iperf
#make install clean

The system is trying to fetch a file on the internet but the problem is the terminals are not connected to the internet and they won't be able to as these terminals have restricted privileges. Is there any way of installing IPerf without being connected to the internet? I have an installation CD of FreeBSD version 8, would it contain the installation for IPerf. Any input would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks and regards.

Michael

You'll probably have to settle for a package instead of a port (package may not be on the install/first disk), or build a package from the port on a machine that does have Internet access.

MikeyWines said:
I have an installation CD of FreeBSD version 8, would it contain the installation for IPerf.
It might. The full FreeBSD distribution consists of 4 CDs. Disc 1 only contains the base OS and some packages. Discs 2-4 have the remaining packages. Do you have all 4 CDs, or the DVD?

Where can I get the package as a download version so that I can burn it on CD or put it on a USB stick. Thanks any help is very much appreciated.

Back