Solved Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Wi-Fi network can't work in freebsd 14

What does sysctl net.wlan.devices output?

Ok, so it's at least being detected. That's positive. Follow the handbook to configure it.

Ok, so it's at least being detected. That's positive. Follow the handbook to configure it.
dear dice :
i have did it as you say fellowing the handbook to configure it, but wifi still not work. below is dmesg message in txt file ..thanks . can you have other way to go ?

Attachments

• dmesg_wifi.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 103
Can you post your config?
dear elgrande :
thanks for your response , my laptop is dell latutile 3520.
cpu : intel 11th i5-1135g7
mem : 16GB
network : intel ax201 wifi6 160mhz.
.whateve ghostbsd, freebsd 14 , the wifi can't work . i think that is unix issue . thanks.

dear elgrande :
thanks for your response , my laptop is dell latutile 3520.
cpu : intel 11th i5-1135g7
mem : 16GB
network : intel ax201 wifi6 160mhz.
.whateve ghostbsd, freebsd 14 , the wifi can't work . i think that is unix issue . thanks.
Sorry I meant the config files required for network connectivity, not the laptop config.
Mainly /etc/rc.conf and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf.

Hi, I have the same card here but I didn't test on v14 since I don't use it (Ethernet only).
Set up in v13 but I remember it didn't work fine (BUT not detected in freebsd installer, so did the BT part but it is more difficult. I don't remember if it was working out of the box in NomadBSD.

Edit : not good...

Hi, I have the same card here but I didn't test on v14 since I don't use it (Ethernet only).
Set up in v13 but I remember it didn't work fine (BUT not detected in freebsd installer, so did the BT part but it is more difficult. I don't remember if it was working out of the box in NomadBSD.

Edit : not good...
i have used dell latitude 3520 notebook。when i install freebsd 13,14 。the ax201wifi not work always。and when you install gnome gui,you can't logout ,the gui will stop work。this freebsd release issue,no one can solved it (wifi ax201 160mhz)

i have used dell latitude 3520 notebook。when i install freebsd 13,14 。the ax201wifi not work always。and when you install gnome gui,you can't logout ,the gui will stop work。this freebsd release issue,no one can solved it (wifi ax201 160mhz)
I think the intel driver works.
I'd guess you have not completed the network setup correctly.
iwlwifi() clearly states that AX201 is supported.
Once again, did you adjust the required config files /etc/rc.conf and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf?

I think the intel driver works.
I'd guess you have not completed the network setup correctly.
iwlwifi() clearly states that AX201 is supported.
Once again, did you adjust the required config files /etc/rc.conf and /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf?
dear elgrande :
below is my rc.conf and wpa_supplicant.conf ..

###############rc.conf :
hostname="fb14.edu.xx"
wlans_iwlwifi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_nondefault_enable="NO"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
ifconfig_re0="DHCP"

#load kernel mode for intel graphic
kld_list="i915kms"

#load gnome GUI for user
gdm_enable="yes"
hald_enable="yes"
dbus_enable="yes"
gnome_enable="yes"

############wpa_supplicant.conf:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=2
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
network={
ssid="gu2099994322"
scan_ssid=0
psk="x9skws"
priority=5
}

please help me . thnks

dear elgrande :
below is my rc.conf and wpa_supplicant.conf ..

###############rc.conf :
hostname="fb14.edu.xx"
wlans_iwlwifi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"
ifconfig_wlan0_ipv6="inet6 accept_rtadv"
sshd_enable="YES"
moused_nondefault_enable="NO"
# Set dumpdev to "AUTO" to enable crash dumps, "NO" to disable
dumpdev="AUTO"
ifconfig_re0="DHCP"

#load kernel mode for intel graphic
kld_list="i915kms"

#load gnome GUI for user
gdm_enable="yes"
hald_enable="yes"
dbus_enable="yes"
gnome_enable="yes"

############wpa_supplicant.conf:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
eapol_version=2
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
network={
ssid="gu2099994322"
scan_ssid=0
psk="x9skws"
priority=5
}

please help me . thnks

Can you try with a minimal wpa_supplicant.conf?
As per https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/network/#network-wireless, please make the file contain _only_ the following:
Code:
network={
 ssid="gu2099994322"
 psk="x9skws"
}

After that execute the following commands and let us know the output:
service netif restart
service dhclient restart wlan0

Also please let us know the output of:
kldstat | grep if_iwlwifi

Can you try with a minimal wpa_supplicant.conf?
As per https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/handbook/network/#network-wireless, please make the file contain _only_ the following:
Code:
network={
 ssid="gu2099994322"
 psk="x9skws"
}

After that execute the following commands and let us know the output:
service netif restart
service dhclient restart wlan0

Also please let us know the output of:
kldstat | grep if_iwlwifi
if_iwlwifi.ko was load。as you say ,leave network in wpaconf。don't work still。thanks。freebsd14 was bad team。this develop was bad more than freebsd 13。thanks。i dont want to waste more time on this。thanks

I don't want to be rude, but it's not helpful to say everything sucks because that Intel chipset, which is stated to have unexpected behavior in FreeBSD 13.x/14.x, is not working correctly.
Intel does work fine under other OSes, and if the Wifi is something critical for you, you might rollback to 13.2, replace the Wifi card by a one known to be compatible without problem or switch to Linux, which will have much better support for these extra things (the core of FreeBSD is to run rock solid system, mainly for servers, adding these things should be seen as "bonus/Tux-like stuff").

I don't want to be rude, but it's not helpful to say everything sucks because that Intel chipset, which is stated to have unexpected behavior in FreeBSD 13.x/14.x, is not working correctly.
Intel does work fine under other OSes, and if the Wifi is something critical for you, you might rollback to 13.2, replace the Wifi card by a one known to be compatible without problem or switch to Linux, which will have much better support for these extra things (the core of FreeBSD is to run rock solid system, mainly for servers, adding these things should be seen as "bonus/Tux-like stuff").
thanks。that is my laptop,the wire network was fine。wifi can't work。i support freebsd。but i am new guy,and want freebsd 14 to be my work laptop。thanks 。

Dear all,
I am new guy in FreeBSD 14. Now I have dell notepad including Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Wi-Fi, but wifi don't work. Anyone can help me? Thanks .

… hald_enable="yes" …

thanks。i dont want to waste more time on this。thanks

thanks for you help me .

i support freebsd。but i am new guy,and want freebsd 14 to be my work laptop。thanks 。

Welcome, new guy, I'm sorry that your first experience with FreeBSD has been so difficult.

If you do decide to spend more time: please avoid the guidance that mentioned hald_enable. Wherever it is, that guide is very outdated, not relevant to FreeBSD 14.

(In simple terms: HAL 'died' years ago.)

Please, what is your native language?

(We may be able to find documentation in this language. If not for the AX201 issue, maybe for a future issue.)

Welcome, new guy, I'm sorry that your first experience with FreeBSD has been so difficult.

If you do decide to spend more time: please avoid the guidance that mentioned hald_enable. Wherever it is, that guide is very outdated, not relevant to FreeBSD 14.

(In simple terms: HAL 'died' years ago.)

Please, what is your native language?

(We may be able to find documentation in this language. If not for the AX201 issue, maybe for a future issue.)
happy new year for eveyone , thanks grahamperrin. i am work in chinese . know some english . i can't buy some freebsd books in taobao. do you have some freebsd books ? could you share the link to me ? thanks.

Happy new year ^^
I'm new user too and I also tried to solve lots of things using the handbook -sometimes outdated- and I also looked for books but nothing very interesting. Internet (this forum, some reddit threads, and some Linux wikis for crossed softwares used like Xorg) looks to be the best, up-to-date content.

I've setup FreeBSD at first on my laptop then on some "classic" towers and noticed that the laptop was by far the most difficult to prepare : UEFI BIOS with few "no I'm not operating Windows" options, discreete GPU, ACPI bugs because the manufacturer didn't respect the standards, Wifi, Bluetooth, audio problems...
Keep working on FreeBSD on your laptop, it forces you to explore the system and the day you'll install it on a classic desktop computer you'll see how easy it is and the mad progress you've done 😁

i can't buy some freebsd books in taobao. do you have some freebsd books ? could you share the link to me ? thanks.

I have no book, but what's below might help you (if content in English is suitable).

December:

• in addition to last month's answers, the opening post refers to a similar question from 2019.
October:

Happy new year ^^
I'm new user too and I also tried to solve lots of things using the handbook -sometimes outdated- and I also looked for books but nothing very interesting. Internet (this forum, some reddit threads, and some Linux wikis for crossed softwares used like Xorg) looks to be the best, up-to-date content.

I've setup FreeBSD at first on my laptop then on some "classic" towers and noticed that the laptop was by far the most difficult to prepare : UEFI BIOS with few "no I'm not operating Windows" options, discreete GPU, ACPI bugs because the manufacturer didn't respect the standards, Wifi, Bluetooth, audio problems...
Keep working on FreeBSD on your laptop, it forces you to explore the system and the day you'll install it on a classic desktop computer you'll see how easy it is and the mad progress you've done 😁
thanks, i will keep my freebsd14 on my laptop to work day by day . thanks.

I have no book, but what's below might help you (if content in English is suitable).

December:

• in addition to last month's answers, the opening post refers to a similar question from 2019.
October:

thanks. grahamperrin. chinene have blocked most famous web site and internet. but freebsd.org is ok. most people want to study something from the world was very difficult。we must get ride of the china wall to study. thanks.

Back