Idiot guide to freebsd+postfix+libspf2 ?

Hi.
I have a freebsd mail server for mail incoming to my domains running postfix and dovecot.
It works well but recently I have been getting increasing volumes of unpleasant spam.
On my outbound mails I have a working spf / dkim / dmarc configuration. Out of the box my outbound emails were accepted by gmail and with a bit of hassle I even got hotmail accepting my emails.
It seems to me that if you don't have working spf / dkim and all the correct dns records then you don't really have a useful mail server these days, so, if I (and I guess almost everyone else) has to have spf working, then it makes sense that I too should enforce spf. Most sensible legit mail servers are going to get through.
I checked some of these spam emails and none of them would pass spf, if I had a config that checked spf inbound then it would have blocked them.
But...
I just can't figure out how to make it work.
I'm using precompiled packages installed using pkg install
I can't find any guides on how to configure postfix and libspf2 to actually check spf on inbound email.
Yes I did just google it.
Yes I did read the freebsd handbook
Yes I did search this forum.
Maybe I missed something....
I'm not particularly a postfix expert. It works so nicely pretty much out of the box....
I can't even figure out how to query my postfix to see if it was compiled with the right options to use libspf2.
thanks for any advice.

Back