I want move big files from FreeBSD box to Linux Box with USB flash

At work I use FreeBSD and in home I have Arch Linux , at work I have many big files , many of them is is ISO files and many of them is over 4GB , I want move files with USB flash driver ,
for first try , i format my USB flash drive to NTFS format and I test it , and I see speed of copy is so low and take long time and sometimes I see error about I/O error and I can not copy it .
so for second try , I want test another file system like ext3 and ext4 and ,,,

can someone give me good suggestion for this ?
I want format my USB flash with another file system , this file system must be mount very easy in FreeBSD and linux .and I can mount USB flash in both system , and this file system must has good speed ,
can someone help me ?

Format the disk from the Arch installation with fdisk. The mount command should let you read and write to ext3 sysems. Leave ext4 alone; even on Linux installations, one may not be able to properly mount from one distribution to another because all don't have support for the file system.

Just mount it with
Code:
-t ext2fs -o rw

If that doesn't work then:
a) Use fdisk to write a basic Linux filesystem to the key.
b) Format with
Code:
mke2fs /dev/<mountpoint>

and the previous mount command options should work.

Why don't you split the file up using rar, 7zip or even tar? Then you can use FAT formatted USB sticks.

After long time search , I understand I must format my USB Flash to ext2 , and I for mat it with Linux and mount it in FreeBSD , speed of copy is not high , but is better than NTFS ,and I do not see error about I/O error and files bigger than 4.2GB copy to USB flash without problem , but with low speed ,

Back