How to move my live freebsd system to another larger drive

At firs it was telling me an error on the path but soon I was able to find the real path to the efi boot file which was:

/boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi/CMD]
This is not critical but to comply with the FreeBSD default UEFI boot configuration.

/boot/efi/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi is OK, except it is not the default FreeBSD efi loaders configuration.

When the installation is guided, the installer (FreeBSD system installer bsdinstall(8)) creates two paths with the same efi loader in the EFI System Partition:
Code:
efi/boot/bootx64.efi
efi/freebsd/loader.efi
bootx64.efi here is a renamed /boot/loader.efi. It is used to satisfy the UEFI firmware bootstrapping procedure, searching for a OS loader in the ESP, when not specified otherwise, expects to find a architecture specific default, in this case, for amd64, bootx64.efi (for other architectures see uefi(8)

Additionally, the FreeBSD installer specifies loader.efi as the kernel loader explicitly, and is also used as the loader in a UEFI Boot Manager entry (created automatically in a guided installation),i.e. on a Root-on-ZFS installation:
Rich (BB code):
efibootmgr -v
+Boot0004* FreeBSD HD(1,GPT,9cd66e2f-d9f0-11ee-ac5f-0800273b7f5c,0x28,0x82000)/File(\efi\freebsd\loader.efi)
                      gpt/efiboot0:/efi/freebsd/loader.efi /boot/efi//efi/freebsd/loader.efi

loader.efi(8)
Rich (BB code):
FILES
     /boot/loader.efi  The location of the UEFI kernel loader within the
                       system.

EFI System Partition
     loader.efi is installed on the ESP (EFI System Partition) in one of the
     following locations:

efi/boot/bootXXX.efi    The default location for any EFI loader (see
                             uefi(8) for values to replace ‘XXX’ with).

efi/freebsd/loader.efi  The location reserved specifically for the
                             FreeBSD EFI loader.

The default location for the ESP mount point is documented in hier(7).

Side note, the ESP's file system being MS-DOS FAT32, which is not case sensitive, there is no need to set names in capital letters.

Can you post the steps on how to do that with send and receive? I'm still new to zfs and the man pages are actually very confusing to me.

Sorry for delay, I was really busy. If you're still interested, last month I cloned my OS using following commands:

Code:
zfs snapshot -r rpool@send
zfs send -R -v rpool@send | zfs recv -d -F -v temp

First command creates recursive snapshot of the root pool (in FreeBSD it will be zroot, not rpool), the second clones everything to target pool. Arguments for send/receive:
-R - replicate all descendent file systems,
-d - use name of snapshot to name the new snapshot,
-F - destroy file systems on target pool that do not exist on the sending side,
-v - optional, show various information.

I then disconnected source HDD, booted from installation CD, and changed name of the target pool from temp to rpool.

Back