Solved How to find out any commands issued

How to find out any commands issued by ‘built in’ users such as root, toor, operator, shhd, www, … and additional created users such as Alice, Bob, ….? Is there a place where all issued commands are stored?
How to find them out?

OP it sounds like you are looking for something similar to say SELinux? If so I agree with SirDice that enabling auditing would be the right path.

Auditing is cool but will result in a massive amount of logging, you really need to be able to handle (and interpret) that deluge of information. Alternatively, I've been to places that used ttysnoop(8) (Linux) to log everything you did on the command line. You can probably do something similar with watch(8) on FreeBSD.

But as I said, it really depends on what you're looking for.

Something already happened on the server (I can’t say what). At this point we are just pointing who did what. If we hadn’t turned on logging, we can’t get the needed information? Or is something turned on by default?
Anything would be useful.
Where to look if any logging was enabled?

If we hadn’t turned on logging, we can’t get the needed information?
Doesn't work retroactively, no.

Or is something turned on by default?
No.

Anything would be useful.
A user's history files can be interesting to dissect. Look for .history (tcsh/csh) or .bash_history (bash) in a user's home directory. The sh(1) doesn't have a persistent history, but you may have other shells installed that have been used.

Where to look if any logging was enabled?
Go through everything in /var/log/.

Back