general/other How can I make the Segregrevert.patch, work for FreeBSD's Wine.

This is a patch in wine to make the game "Roblox" compatible with its anti cheat. It works well on Linux, though I suspect the patch was designed for Linux primarily, and I wish to port this patch to the BSD side of wine. If anyone can help me, it would be appreciated. I will provide the main patch, and what I did. It's in the zip provided below.

Attachments

• Patches.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 59
Generally, you do this by going to /usr/ports/emulators/wine; do a `make patch`, cd into work/wine-* and apply your patches with the patch(1) command. Then do cd ../.. and `make install`.

Two caveats:
- you need an approximately matching wine version (matching the version that the patches were originally made on)
- some parts of your patches are in #ifdef __linux__

Hello,

Regarding the patch, I figured out that majority of it works. However, the parts of it which include "#ifdef _linux_", would need some sort of adaptations for it to work on FreeBSD. I currently do not have the full set of knowledge to change that part of the patch, I would need to research more on how wine works, especially for FreeBSD ; and attempt to replicate the logic for this platform.

Hello,

Regarding the patch, I figured out that majority of it works. However, the parts of it which include "#ifdef _linux_", would need some sort of adaptations for it to work on FreeBSD. I currently do not have the full set of knowledge to change that part of the patch, I would need to research more on how wine works, especially for FreeBSD ; and attempt to replicate the logic for this platform.

What I have seen with ifdef linux is inline assembly, You might get away with simply exchanging ifdef linux for ifdef freebsd (and nuke equivalent code that might already be in ifdef freebsd).

Back